Wednesday, April 27, 2011

In Bloom...

I don't remember the last time I created a card that didn't have a sentiment - so I named my post after the stamp set I used instead! Today's card was 100% CASED from Debbie Olson. I had a thank you card to make, and I knew I wanted to use this set, but couldn't decide how. So I hit up Google to narrow it down for me, and Debbie's card popped up from her post, here.


I *love* how Debbie colours. Her style is very realistic and there is always a lot of depth in her shades. I have spent quite a bit of time reading through many of Debbie's posts, and have learned so much from her. Here is a close up of my blooms, coloured:


I also loved how Debbie used the stamp set to create the patterns behind her coloured images, and while I intended to only follow her card loosely, when I sat down to create it, I just loved the bold pop of her colours too much, and decided to go right ahead and CASE the whole thing.


I thought maybe I would add some shab to it, since it's what I usually love to do, but I decided it would take away from the striking design of Debbie's card. Below, you can see how I used clear embossing powder to draw out the watermark of the blooms on my pink background:


I know I can't compare to Debbie's talent, but I definitely had fun trying!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Paper: Papertrey Ink White; Recollections Black; PaperZone PopTones (pink; can't remember name!)
Stamps: PTI In Bloom
Ink: VersaMark; Momento Tuxedo Black; VersaFine Onyx
Other: Copic Markers, PTI In Bloom Dies

Pin It

4 comments:

Pauline said...

Such a beautiful card meredith! I love your colouring, it's so striking.

Amber said...

LOVE THIS! I am a huge fan of In Bloom and you've done wonders with it!

Heather Innusa said...

Beautiful card!!! I had to come visit your blog after I read your comment on the Cosmo Cricket post :D. Have a great day!

Kate W. said...

Gorgeous Meredith! Love your colorscheme (can't go wrong with pink and blac - so posh)! You colored the roses beautifully!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...