Sunday, April 10, 2011

Happy Day...

My Mother-in-Law is really something. Her house is like a treasure trove. But it's so unassuming from the outside. I've been with my husband for the better part of 10 years.... he grew up in that house... and I am still amazed at the things she pulls out. It's becoming a laughing matter now... I see something vintage and cool that I think I'd love to have - time and again she says, "I have one of those" and scurries away to get it for me.


Michelle Wooderson showed some adorable little yo-yos that her mother was busy creating for Mish's customers. I loved them. I wanted them. Then I saw someone who made one out of paper (and I am so sorry, I can't remember where!), so I figured I could probably do it myself - since Mish's were all gone. I showed my MIL Mish's post, and said, "I think these would be so cute on a card!" Instantly she said, "I used to make tons of those! I used to make dolls with them!" Of course she did. "In fact, I think I still have some, let me go look!" Why was I surprised when she came back with a box full?


This card features one that she made yeeeeeeeears ago, using fabric from a top she said she wore as a maternity top. If that isn't vintage, what is?! I *love* it. This card was created purely so I could stick that baby on some paper. I made this whole thing in about 10 minutes, just to see what it would look like. Fun, right?

In other news... I will be putting up a colour challenge for you on Wednesday if you want to play along! I hope to see you there...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Paper: PaperZone PopTones Banana, Navy from stash
Ink: Stampin' Up Crushed Curry
Other: Happy Day Sticker from My Mind's Eye, Oversized button from Wal Mart

Pin It

4 comments:

justsomestuffimade said...

Fun card! I love the pattern in that yo-yo.
I have a doll that I made when I was 7, all from yoyos! I was never much of a doll person but she was a keeper ;)
Hugs, Ruth S

Pauline said...

This is wonderful! What a great find! Now you need to ask your MiL for a tutorial for the rest of us lol!

Julie Ranae said...

Meredith...I read your comments over on the Reject Blog Hop and have to say you so CAN totally do CAS...this card is a great example of it AND...I've seen others here on your blog that are terrific CAS!!!

Make sure you check out the new challenge over at CAS-ual Fridays! We'd love to have you join us!

Shirley said...

How creative! I would never have guessed to use these colors and your flower is absolutely wonderful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...