Friday, April 29, 2011

Festive Friday!

It's Friday! I know I have been a bit lax in these posts, but I have been working hard on creating projects for publication calls, so that's been taking up a lot of my time... the good news is, a lot of it has been Christmas themed, and since I am sure more will be rejected than accepted, I have quite the stash for my Festive Fridays! (How is that for confidence?)


As I said, I've been creating a TON lately, particularly holiday-themed. So by the time I got to today's card, I was a little holiday-d out. I kept it simple, and tried out an idea with my new Postmarks (PTI) stamps...


I am not sure how well it worked, but I had fun trying. I do love all the elements in this set that make it so easy to customize your postage, while giving a really authentic feel. I also chose to use Signature Christmas, so that there was a hand-written element to the postcard. It's hard to tell in the photo, but my stitching is a heavier gauge blue thread - I really like the texture it added.

I also made some tags! I decided to use the Tiny Tags die with some coasters and make some thicker tags for my smaller gifts. And I *LOVE* them!


Look how cute they are all hanging out in some vintage milk-glass:


And look how many I made in one pass through the Big Shot! I plan to use baker's twine to tie them, but I am low on red right now, so I have left them alone for the time being.

Have a great weekend! Spring has yet to show itself fully around here (we had January-like weather here today!), so I hope Mother Nature is kinder to you, wherever that may be!
Photobucket
Photobucket
CARD:
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select White; Basic Gray Figgy Pudding
Stamps: Papertrey Ink Postmarks, Signature Christmas
Ink: Stampin' Up Old Olive, Kiwi Kiss, Real Red; Distress Ink Antique Linen; Versa Magic Cement
Other: PTI Button Card Die, Wilton Doily

Pin It

6 comments:

Cassie_lu said...

the tags looks so cute and perfect embelli for a little gift and that card is pretty kicking too :)

Debgem said...

Great card - love the vintage look!! And your little tags are fabulous!!

Karen said...

I've cut a bunch of these tags from the coasters, but haven't stamped them yet. Yours are wonderful! So glad to have found your blog.

Pauline said...

Beautiful Christmas card, the tags are gorgeous too - I wish Papertrey would do a UK or European distributor!

Alice Wertz said...

this is so pretty! love the doily and those tags are so cute! love them!

{Lynn - that's me!} said...

Adorable card and those tags are so cute, I had to go and buy them for myself.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...