Thursday, April 7, 2011

Fabulous... Beautiful... Sweet.... Mother

Hi friends! It's been busy around these parts... I have been so lucky to have received some pretty big orders for a few things in the next while. I have a wonderful friend getting married in the fall, so she has asked me to create some invitations that I am really excited about - we'll see if I still feel that way after the 65 of them are done!

In the meantime... have you *seen* Emma's Shoppe by Crate Paper?? Oh. My. I was so inspired by this card (scroll down) created by Sarah Martina (I can't get enough of Sarah's beautiful work!), that I hunted ever scrapbook store in my area until I found it... then I bought pretty much everything they had!


So I sat down, looked up a sketch (I never seem to create anything without at least sketching a bare bones concept before I start). And as soon as I started cutting paper, I left the sketch in the dust - this really did just create itself! I just *LOVE*, and I do mean loooooooove this collection. It is just. so. PRETTY. I just don't know how to even express to you just how much I love this line... But here is what came out of it:


I didn't have a purpose when I started creating this. In fact, usually when I buy things I love, I hoard them. I don't want to use them up - so I just don't use them. With this particular collection of goodies, I couldn't tear into them soon enough! So I just started cutting and gluing and painting, and two thirds of the way through I knew it was going to be for my dear friend who is expecting her first baby any minute (literally. She was due a week ago!). Ha! And you thought I was going to say Mother's Day...

Alright... on to those wedding invites (did I mention that I also have an order for 200 birthday cards? Busy busy...)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Paper: PTI Kraft; Crate Paper Emma's Shoppe
Other: Chipboard Stickers Crate Paper Emma's Shoppe; Sentiment Stickers Cosmo Cricket, Girls' Paperie

Pin It

3 comments:

justsomestuffimade said...

Love your card Meredith - Sarah is a great inspiration and I think your card will be a gorgeous treasure for your friend as she begins her adventure as a new mum ;)
Good luck with that creating... sounds like you'll be super busy with those orders! Hugs, Ruth S

Sarah Martina said...

Omgoodness this is STUNNING! So glad you were inspired to create this... My eyes are so giddy with excitement right now! Thanks for sharing this with us! :)

Shirley said...

Wow! I am in love with this one too! I love what how you did your flower too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...