Friday, April 8, 2011

Big Hugs... CASEing Niki Estes

The lovely Claire of Waltzingmouse Stamps has challenged us to CASE one of her talented Design Team ladies. Easy challenge - the tough part is... which one? They are all so talented, and I love so many of their projects... quite a pickle...


When I hosted some challenges to celebrate my blog birthday, I featured a couple of the WMS girls... so I decided that was an easy way to cut the list down... so now who? When I decided I wanted to use this basket full of daffodils, I realized the natural choice was a new member to the team, Niki Estes.


Unfortunately, I needed a card to send to my aunt and her family after receiving some bad news. She has been diagnosed with cancer for the third time in only about 10 years or so... She is such a sweet person, and she and her family are just wonderful people - the last people who should have to go through this. Again.

Daffodils just made sense.


I really loved Niki's layout, and her colouring was just awesome. So I kept pretty close and CASE'd her layout, but added my own distressed and aged touches.


I changed a few details here and there - I could never sew the oval as well as Niki sewed the circle around her sentiment, so I didn't even try. I originally wanted to use different coloured cardstock to be just that much different - but I really loved the red with my Cosmo papers, so I ended up using the same as my card base.

Can you believe I don't have brown copics? Now that I have these spring baskets to colour, I'd best do something about that, no?
Photobucket
Photobucket
Paper: PaperZone Facets Sangria; Cosmo Cricket Circa 1934
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps Spring Baskets, Sweethearts
Ink: VersaFine Onyx, Momento Tuxedo Black
Other: SU! Oval and Scalloped Oval punches, twine from LSS

Pin It

13 comments:

Cassie_lu said...

beautiful coloring of the image and the little bling in the center of the flowers is a nice touch.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

This is just beautiful!! I love your red basket!! and the lace and twine...too sweet!!

Laurie Marmon said...

What a very pretty card. Your aunt will definitely love it.

Debgem said...

Meredith - so sorry to hear about your Aunt - this card is just so beautiful, it is sure to lift her spirits! The colouring on your image is fab! And there are so many lovely details on your card - awesome!!

Beate said...

Gorgeous coloring and beautiful card.
Hugs and smiles

LaurieJ said...

Pretty card! Love the distressing. I'm sure it will add a smile to your Aunt's face.

Niki Estes said...

Meredith, this is so pretty! I love your take on my card. The paint and distressing is the perfect touch!

Cyndie said...

Wow, your coloring is spot on! Just a gorgeous card! Thanks for the inspiration!

Pauline said...

What a beautiful card, the stitching is wonderful. So sorry to hear about your Aunt, I'm sure your card will cheer her up.

rudlis said...

Beautiful card! I love your basket!!

Sharli said...

What a beautiful card - the details in the distressing and stitching just take my breath away! I love the curve! The colors are so refreshing - like a cool drink of pure water.

Excellent work!

Julia Aston said...

So sorry you needed this card - but it will certainly be appreciated by your aunt - what wonderful coloring and love the distress painted edges!

Shirley said...

OMGosh! It's wonderful. I have to remember your color schemes!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...