Thursday, March 31, 2011

With Love...

Hi friends! Has spring sprung where you are? Where I am, we have days that threaten to be nice, but inevitably the cool, cloudy weather wins... there are bulbs popping up everywhere, but I am anxious for more sun and higher temperatures!


Today I am sharing a card I created for Color Combos Galore... I have spied this challenge many times, but this is the first time I have entered something! Here's hoping I've tagged everything properly, and loaded my photos where they're supposed to be!

The colour challenge was to use Red, White, Brown and Yellow, as well as to include non-traditional, unexpected patterns together. Well... I am not sure if the judges will agree that my card includes that, but I tried!


My theory is that the patterns I chose are not what I would typically reach for when using the floral image I coloured. Well.. maybe the stripes are not so unusual? Anyway, the inspiration photo included a patchwork skirt, so I went with that same look by cutting my strips into squares and stitching them - which is where I brought in the brown. Hard to capture properly in a photo, but my thread is brown!

I would have never coloured this image with these colours if not for this challenge, and I just LOVE how they turned out - now I have all kinds of ideas for fall cards!

Alright, enjoy the sunshine if you're so lucky, and if you're like me... well... maybe next week?
Photobucket
Photobucket
Paper: Pebbles, Pink Paislee, PTI Kraft
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Spring Baskets, Sweethearts
Ink: VersaFine Onyx, Momento Tuxedo Black
Other: Copic Markers, Papertrey Ink Limitless Layers Dies

Pin It

2 comments:

justsomestuffimade said...

Wowsers Meredith - I totally dig your card! Great pattern combos, and I love your stitching and all the shabby paint and distressing touches too. You rocked the challenge ;)
Hugs, Ruth S

Debbi Tehrani said...

Your cards are gorgeous, Meredith! So happy you stumbled into CCG! Love the title of your blog--so true!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...