Friday, March 18, 2011

Welcome...

Happy Weekend! Only one more day, and then it is SPRING! I am loving the longer days, the chirping birds, the bulbs starting to peek their little noses out of the ground...

While the tiny one slept, and the little one baked with Grandma, I stole a couple of hours to myself. I loved creating yesterday's layout so much, that I couldn't wait to create another one!


This is the very first page that I have scrapped for the tiny one since she was born - over 9 months ago! I am WAY behind on her book, especially considering I was right up to date by this point with her sister's first year book.


The top photo was taken just minutes after my youngest was born, and the second was just a few hours later. The pictures have a terribly yellow hue to them because of the yellow caps, a bad camera and an excited new daddy who didn't think to check his white balance setting before eagerly snapping away! I was lucky that the bright green of my patterned paper complimented this flaw, rather than drew attention to it (like I just did!).

It's amazing how I have been really struggling for inspiration this past couple of weeks, but once I sat down with layout sketches instead of card sketches, everything turned around!

I used this PageMaps sketch at Sketches in Thyme for inspiration:


I really love PageMaps sketches - they include just enough detail to really get the ideas flowing, but are so easy to make your own.

Here are some close ups:





I'll be back tomorrow with the latest CR84FN Challenge!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Paper: Bazzil 12x12 Cardstock (sorry - I can't remember the name!), Fancy Pants PP, Green Cardstock from PaperZone
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Off Beat Backgrounds
Ink: Tim Holtz Tea Stain Distress Ink
Other: K & Company stickers, EK Success Alpha stickers, Cosmo Cricket Tiny Type, May Arts chiffon rose, Making Memories Charm, Papertrey Ink Banner Borders Die, Copic Markers

Pin It

9 comments:

Dana Gustafson said...

Truly precious! Your layout is a wonderful compliment to this gorgeous photo!

Pauline said...

This is lovely, I remember when mine were this little, it goes so fast! Love all the elements and the jewelled seam binding flower is my favourite!

Maria said...

An adorable layout of your daughter! Love the shabby look to it with all the added embellies...so pretty!

Charmaine Stack said...

Love those chubby wubby cheeks!

Dawnll said...

Oh how precious is this little one?
Oh I love how you used the sketch- the details are wonderful
Thank you for joining us this week at
sketches In Thyme
So glad you could find the time to play

Joanne Leddy said...

This is beautiful - and what a precious little one!

Tanya R said...

The flower is wonderful, as is the bling. The pictures are just so precious too. Thank you for playing with SIT this week.
Hugs
Tanya

Patrice said...

How sweet!

isay said...

this is soooo pretty and sweet! i love the ribbon flower! thanks for playing along with us at Sketches in Thyme!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...