Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Waltzingmouse Sketch... Hurrah!

I remember a time when the hum of the washer would seem noisy to me. Now, with a 2 year old and a 10 month old, suddenly the fact that all I can hear is the washer seems just as peaceful as silence. I am so grateful for my mother in law - she thanks me for "letting her" take the kids for the morning.


So here I post, enjoying the quiet - avoiding the chores. Which I really should get to, because when the little ones are underfoot, they undo as quick as I do.

Today's card is for this week's Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge. Gosh I love this challenge. If there's one sketch I work so hard to get done in a week, it's this one. This week's was a bit of a doozy, and initially I had planned to make an actual banner - but then I realized that the banner I want to make, I don't have the materials I'd like, and I wouldn't get them in time to enter the challenge. So, I stuck with making a card. I visited The Colour Room for my colour palette, and just love how it came together.


So about that Hurrah! stamp... I love it. I've loved it since this set was first released. Recently, my 2 year old wants to read Peter Pan. Every night. After lunch, every day. All the time. She is Wendy, her grandmother is Peter Pan (and don't just call her Peter), while her baby sister is Tinkerbell. So the book we read (and we have 3 different versions of this story, since Peter Pan - er - Grandma LOVES this story) has Peter shouting "Hurrah!" when he defeats Captain Hook. And every time I read it (every afternoon, and every bedtime), I can see this stamp in my mind, and it makes me want to go play with it. Every time. Yes, stamps rule my life.

Did you know that cutting pennants out is a PAIN? Well, it is. I don't have any nesties, and I didn't get the WMS banner stamps during the March release. So here you have my version. This card took a LONG time, even though I had drawn out every detail the night before - the pennants just didn't work the way I had envisioned them, so we were back to the drawing board. As it turns out, I LOVE this card, and may never give it away. In fact, I am starting to think of hanging some ribbons up on the craft room wall to dangle my favourites there... since I won't be able to part with them!

Alright - time to go fold that laundry.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Paper: PTI Kraft 
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps Off Beat Backgrounds, Musical Backgrounds, Victorian Frippery, Fancy Phrases; Papertrey Ink Tea Time
Ink: Stampin' Up Baja Breeze, Melon Mambo, Blush Blossom, Pretty in Pink; Tim Holtz Tea Stain Distress Ink
Other: Papertrey Ink Tea Time Die, Prima Blossoms

Pin It

6 comments:

Pauline said...

Gorgeous Meredith, I love those seam binding bows. You asked about my ribbon flower - I just used my ATG gun for the adhesive, but I guess you could use double sided sticky tape. I just made a square in roughly the size flower I wanted, and secred the end with glue dots. xx

Sasha said...

Love your sweet card, Meredith. I noticed that you line in Burnaby, BC. You are so lucky! I live in Yorkshire, UK. I have visited BC twice. My brother lives in Maple Bay, on beautiful Vancouver island. I have so many happy memories of visiting both the island, mainland Vancouver and the Rockies. My mother had friends living in Burnaby, and we visited them the first time we were over there. I really envy you x

Jen Cuthbertson said...

This is so pretty, Meredith! I love the colors, your pennants are gorgeous and I love the label! Hurrah, indeed! :)

Heather Jensen said...

This is so cute! I am sure they weren't easy to hand cut, but it turned out wonderfully. :)

I see you stamped the background for all 3 pennants. You had asked about my background on my most recent post. No, it is all patterned paper. I do have several of the PTI backgrounds, but I guess I am too lazy to use them. LOL :)

{Lynn - that's me!} said...

This is breathtaking, Meredith. Such lovely combination of papers and colors. Love your ribbons and those adorable buttons nestled upon your canvas flowers. Beautiful! We appreciate you playing along with the Waltzingmouse Stamps Sketch Challenge this week (and each week!!!)

Debgem said...

Meredith - this is just wonderful! I love the colours and patterns on your card. You'd never know that the pennants are hand cut, and I love the ribbon ties! As you say "Hurrah" - brilliant job!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...