Thursday, March 10, 2011

Waltzingmouse Sketch and Totally Hues Colour Challenges!

Oh, how I've missed playing the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge! I always seem to find time for them on Fridays... a day late to submit them! I know I can just use the sketch anyway, and sometimes I do... but this week I managed to create a card in time to post it for the challenge...


I loved all the layers on this sketch, and decided to put some of my favourite dies to work. I know the WMS girls are devoted to their Spellbinders, and for good reason! But I am just LOVING my PTI dies... and they're very cost effective, which is always a plus for me!


I am still exploring the catalogue of Papertrey goodies, but have you ever met another cardstock so delicious? I didn't think so... I love how crisp that little WMS sentiment comes out on the PTI white. So clean and sharp!

Hey, did you know there was such a thing as Martha Stewart seam binding? Me neither... imagine how quick I snapped up the ones I found in a clearance bin at Michael's. I have never actually looked to see if they were just old colours, or if she no longer makes it? But I loved this Kraft coloured one...

One more thing... I found this challenge, Totally Hues, and just had to play along with this week's amazing bright colours! Take a look:


I found these really cute little stamps at my LSS awhile back, and actually let my daughter play with them first... she is so adorable when she stamps! Anyway, when she stamped this little popsicle (over and over and over... a DP Designer in the making!), I knew I couldn't wait to colour it:


Now this is SO not my usual style. There's nothing vintage or shabby or pretty about it. It's just so SUMMER. I love the bright colours, and will have to dream up a fun gift to attach this little tag to. I will for sure be joining Heather and her challenge again!!

Photobucket
Photobucket
CARD:
Paper: PTI Spring Moss, Scarlet Jewel, Ocean Tides, Kraft, White
Stamps: PTI Tag Its #1, Waltzingmouse Say it with Style
Ink: Stampin' Up Baja Breeze, Rich Razzleberry
Other: Martha Stewart Seam Binding, Papertrey Ink Dies


TAG:
Paper: PTI Summer Sunrise, White
Stamps: Studio G (I think), PTI Fillable Frams #9
Ink: VersaFine Onyx
Other: Papertrey Ink Dies, Vintage Button and Ribbon from stash, Copic Markers

Pin It

5 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

So beautiful! thanks for sharing!

Basement Stamper said...

Both of these are adorable!!! I love the popsicle one, it's super cute and love the colors.

justsomestuffimade said...

Gorgeous projects Meredith - I love that seam binding! And your cute summery tag is so happy and sunshiney ;)
Have a great weekend, hugs, Ruth S

Jean Martin said...

What a unique card! So glad you could join us at Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge. :)

Heather said...

Your card is so pretty, and that tag? Total cuteness! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...