Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Thank You so Very Much...

I have yet another thank you card to share with you today... As I mentioned to you before, I am creating many cards with a gratitude theme for something I have in mind for later this year...


I created this card awhile ago, using the Papertrey Ink Make it Monday fun foam technique (from a few weeks ago) to stamp my background... I cut out the scalloped circle from Limitless Layers, and used it as my stamp, then used little flourishes from the Mat Stack 1 Collection to fill in the gaps... here's how it turned out:


Fun, right? I had my brother in law in mind while creating this card, so I stuck to what I thought to be a masculine colour scheme. I kept it simple, since he's kind of a simple, non-fuss sorta guy. He is such an amazing uncle to my girls, and I wanted to be sure I told him how grateful I am for that. My favourite thing about "Unca Bai" is that he cares for these girls just as much as their dad and I do - truly as if they were his own (just don't ask him to change a diaper). I always say that my hubby and his brother are twins born 20 months apart; they're just so much alike... and I can't tell you how it makes my heart smile to see that this is also true when it comes to the way they both love my two very favourite girls. I am one lucky mumma!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Paper: PaperZone
Stamps: Papertrey Ink Mat Stack 1 Collection
Ink: Stampin' Up Baja Breeze, Bordering Blue; VersaFine Onyx
Other: Vintage button, Celebrate it Ribbon, Papertrey Ink Mat Stack 1 and Limitless Layers dies

Pin It

2 comments:

justsomestuffimade said...

Great card Meredith! Love this masculine look.
I'm sure your B-I-L will love this card. It is made with love from the heart, and that really shows ;)
Hugs, Ruth S

Pauline said...

This is gorgeous, I have never thought to use fun foam to stamp with, but I guess you can use pretty much anything! I remember making stamps out of potatoes when I was at school lol!I love the rich blue and the fab shaped label, a great masculine card.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...