Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Sisters...

Hello Friends! How is your week going so far? I started it off by cleaning up the craft room on Sunday - I was down to about one square foot of useable space on my desk, and every other surface was piled up so much that I couldn't pile any more on! So, with a clear desk (clear mind), I decided to take on this week's Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge!


I know that usually it's cards for this sketch, but since I am on a layout kick lately, I decided to make it work for me!


This photo was taken a couple of weeks after my youngest was born. I had purchased the "Big Sister, Little Sister" shirts while I was still pregnant - but I didn't know if we'd be able to use the "Little Sister" shirt or not! Now that I do have 2 little girls, I LOVE to dress them up the same... I am sure one day they'll fight me on it, but for now, I think it's adorable!

I also used this week's Totally Hues colour challenge, which was to use Lemon Tart, Raspberry Fizz, Plum Pudding and New Leaf. These are pretty bright colours for the shabby style I am loving on my layouts, so I added some paint and distress inks to help me out. Here are some detail shots:


You can see on my banner that I used a different vintage button for each pennant.


I stamped the Notebook die from PTI with a few lines to make it look like a ruled page... I love how it turned out!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Paper: Bazzil Cardstock, K&Company DP, PTI Plum Pudding, New Leaf and Lemon Tart
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps Off-Beat Backgrounds; Papertrey Ink Mat Stack 1 Collection, Mini Scrapbook Series: Journalling Circle, Fillable Frames #9
Ink: Stampin' Up Rich Razzleberry; VersaFine Onyx; Tim Holtz Distress Inks Antique Linen, Frayed Burlap
Other: Papertrey Ink Spiral Notebook Page, Fillable Frames #9, Making Memories Crocheted flower and chiffon flower, chipboard letters from stash, Recollections resin flower, vintage image and ticket stub from stash

Pin It

8 comments:

Tonya said...

Love it! The layout, the colors and the cute girls in their adorable shirts! I am glad that I am not the only one who ends up crowding my workspace down to slightly more than 12x12. I love it when it is all cleaned off but it never stays that way for long!

diana said...

Thanks for sharing a look at both your paper creations and your people creations! Very sweet! ;-)

{Lynn - that's me!} said...

Oh my, but this is the most previous layout Meredity! This is such a great photo and your layout is so full of wonderful elements. Such a great job. Thanks for playing along with the Waltzingmouse Stamps Sketch Challenge this week.

Pauline said...

Aaaah, how lovely! Such a wonderful alyout, and gorgeous pics of your babies! Certainly a time to cherish, don't worry about all those sleepless nights, they don't last (thank god!) xxx

Sonia said...

Hi!
Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!... love how you did this layout! Great Creation.
i'm your new follower.
-Sony

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Love your layout! What a pretty page! Adorable little ones too. Enjoy dressing them now for as they get older with 'minds of their own', you will have a very hard time making them happy with what you pick out. Trust me, I have lived through this.

Debgem said...

What a fabulous scrapbook page. The babies are so cute, and I adore their matching outfits. A wonderful page!

Heather P. said...

What a totally sweet layout! Love the way you toned down the chipboard letters, such a great effect!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...