Monday, March 28, 2011

I Just Love You...

I love to visit Melissa Phillips' blog. Her shabby goodness is so inspiring for me, and I love to see all the little details on all her projects. I visit every day, hoping to see something new - and when I don't, I go looking for old things that I didn't see the first time around!


Melissa has chosen a photo from A Creative Mint, and suggested it as inspiration for a project. I was happy to play along! I love the photo, and I love Leslie's photographic style. Easy!


Don't you love those bright turquoise and white colours? I also drew the red and yellow from that adorable vintage tin, and added accents to my card:


I am so happy with how this card turned out. Because I keep my crafting supplies at my mother-in-law's (I don't have the room, and we share supplies, so it makes sense!), I have started a new habit of drawing up sketches with specific sets in mind, while I am at home. It's a way for me to 'play' when I have nothing to play with. This is the first card I've made from my growing collection of layout plans, and I was really pleased with how quick it went together (since I have to make the most of my time when I am over there, and Grandma is entertaining the kids for awhile!). It also ended up looking as nice as I was hoping - always nice when a plan comes together.

With that in mind, I have a few things 'on the go' (if even just in my mind), so I hope to have lots to share in the coming days!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Paper: Cream from PaperZone Facets, Turquoise from LSS (I can't remember the brand!)
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Off Beat Backgrounds, Sweethearts
Ink: Stampin' Up Tempting Turquoise, Real Red; VersaFine Onyx, Tim Holtz Frayed Burlap Distress Ink 
Other: Papertrey Ink Mat Stack 4 die, Woodgrain Impression Plate, Baker's Twine from LSS, Spellbinders Labels no. 4 Die, Cuttlebug Morocco Embossing Folder

Pin It

6 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

I love this fabby, shabby card! The embossing, the colors, the sweet little tag, it's all so pretty!

Debgem said...

I think you have a brilliant arrangement with your MIL - she has the children, you get to play - sounds perfect to me!! And I love this card - the colours are just fab! I particularly like the embossed wood effect!!

Geri said...

Love this, Meredith! Love all the texture and the little details! And, yes, it is so very nice when the vision in your mind is as pretty and balanced as you had hoped in the finished product. I think this turned out just lovely! Haven't quite got mine done yet, but I always enjoy the inspiration from, not only Melissa, but everyone else, too! Thanks for sharing!!

Linda said...

Love the texture on that focal piece Meredith.

Melissa said...

Oooooo...to die for in every possible way! Love, love, love this...the yummy textures and distressing...all so amazing together.
Thank you for playing along.
Melis

Lisa V. said...

This style is all that I love. Layers, distressing, paint and you have managed to do it in great style. Using your own sketch is even more amazing. WAy to go!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...