Thursday, March 17, 2011

Friends of Waltzingmouse - Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I just can't believe it's March 17th already! I am so glad, because finally we are feeling like spring might show itself soon! But the 17th means it's time for the Friends of Waltzingmouse Blog Waltz! You can join in the fun here.


The theme this month, *of course* is St. Patrick's Day/Irish/Green. Was there any other choice? I don't normally do much for St. Pat's, but I did have a LOT of fun with this one, so I created a card, and also a gift tag! I wanted to use both of Claire's beautiful digital stamps!


I coloured last year's freebie for my card:


And here is how the whole thing came together:


Then I used this year's freebie for the gift tag:


I ran out of good white cardstock last week while I was making that baby book I shared with you, so I had to use the yucky stuff I had left over from my early days... did I ever learn a lesson about how important it is to use the right paper with your copics... they bled like CRAZY!

Anyway... I won't keep you from your next stop!!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Shamrock Card:
Cardstock: Recollections Dark Cream, Green and White
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Shamrock Digital Stamp, Say it with Style
Ink: Stampin Up Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry
Other: Cuttlebug Seeing Spots Embossing folder, Green Seam Binding from PaperZone, Papertrey Ink Banner Borders and Mat Stack 4 dies, Copic Markers


Gift Tag:
Cardstock: Recollections Cream and White
Stamps: Waltzingmouse St. Patrick's Day Label Digital Stamp
Ink: Stampin' Up Old Olive
Other: Green Seam Binding from PaperZone, Papertrey Ink Tag Sale #1 Die, Copic Markers

Pin It

26 comments:

Inkyfingers said...

So pretty - I love the layout for your shamrock card.

Bumblebee said...

The green and pink go really well together, something I would never have thought of!

Antje said...

I love how the pink makes the green pop! Great colouring and also the tag is just stunning!

Julia Aston said...

Two beautiful projects Meredith! love the colors on your popped up posie and your tag is super!

LaurieJ said...

Both projects are lovely! The pink on your card perfectly offsets the shamrocks. Love it!

Joanne Gilch said...

Gorgeous and your camera work is awesome.

Geri said...

This is beautiful, Meridith! As are ALL your creations...beautiful layouts and such rich and inviting color combo's! Love how your colors pop on your CR84FN card! Thank you so much for visiting me--glad you liked my card!!

Pauline said...

Absolutely stunning!! Both fabulous projects, love them, and your colouring is fantastic!!

celticmystyc said...

Beautiful and love the end results!

FrancineB said...

Fabulous projects. Love the fuschia with the green. You did a wonderful job coloring even though you had to use the yucky paper. :)

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day Meredith! Both of these creations look fabulous! Love all the layers and you did a great job coloring Claire's digi images!

Crafty Math Chick said...

This looks terrific! I love how you colored the freebie image Claire gave us - so vibrant! Happy St. Patrick's Day from one Meredith to another. :)

Cassie_lu said...

both are great and I like the texture on the first one

Debgem said...

Meredith - these are lovely. I love the bunch on shamrocks with the fabulous pink! And your tag is fab!

Cyndie said...

I adore your coloring of these two designs!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Beautiful cards! I especially love that tag... the colors POP!!!

rudlis said...

Gorgeous! I love the colours and details.Happy St.Patrick's Day.

cbuswell said...

great card, love the tag too! Happy St.Patrick's Day!

Karin (Peppermintpatty) said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! Love both your card and your tag!!! Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Both are so pretty. Lovely images and colors. The sponging looks great. :o)

jen said...

what a beautiful card & tag! your color combo is so striking!! :)

Kate W. said...

The fuschia on the first card just makes the green shamrocks pop! I love the way you cloroed both images! Gorgeous!!

Helen L said...

Both of your projects are lovely!! And the picture of your daughter in the previous is Beautiful!! What a lovely treasure she is!!

Claire Brennan said...

omgosh!! where do you get the time Meredith??? these are fabby! Thank you so much for waltzing along with us!

Sue W said...

These are both fabulous.......Love your label!!!

Kelly S. said...

Oh dear, I think my comment disappeared. What I was saying was that your coloring looks fabulous...I would never know it was on "less forgiving" paper! The pink accents are fab...is that paint on the cool border?! Love the subtle distressing on the tag, too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...