Saturday, March 5, 2011

CR84FN18... Celebrate This Day!

I can't believe we're nearly a week into March already! So far, 2011 is blowing by me, and I can't keep up! But, with March comes the first signs of spring, and for that I am definitely grateful!






It's Sunday, and that means it's time for another CR84FN Colour Challenge! Because it's the first Sunday of the month, we are welcoming a new Guest Designer, Deb Hickman... she will be playing along with us for the whole month, and we are so excited to have her! Make sure you visit her blog and see her beautiful creations!


This week's colours are so warm and inviting... take a look for yourself!




Is that not summer in a photo collage, or what? This week's photos are courtesy of Embrace Life Photography. I had a chance to browse this beautiful site, and the photos are truly breathtaking... If you have a second, it's definitely worth a look (or two)!


Here is my card based on this week's colours:




Now is the part where I whine to you about my lack of a proper camera... that card base IS orange... it's a beautiful, shimmery, sherbet coloured cardstock. But my camera disagrees, and decided that it is peach. So please take me at my word, and believe me when I tell you that it is orange!

I chose to use a beautiful patterned paper from Cosmo Cricket, because I liked how the grey helped neutralize the bright colours. One of the rules of our colour challenge is to stick with the colours as closely as possible, adding only neutrals like cream or grey, tan or kraft, even black or white... sometimes a hit of neutral can help you to bring all the colours together, and when I initially laid out my supplies, the bright yellow with the orange I had were a bit overwhelming. So I decided to keep things pretty CAS, and add the grey to help me out.

I discovered another trick by accident while making the medallion for this one - I shaded my circle die cut with distress inks, and then stamped my sentiment. I felt that I wanted the words to 'pop', so I dumped embossing powder over them without even thinking... of course it attached itself to the whole circle, since my distress inks were still damp. But as soon as I saw what had happened, I knew I loved where it was going - and I am *thrilled* with the results!

Now it's time for you to visit the other DT Members' blogs for some more inspiration. As always, you can find their links in my sidebar, and there are some beautiful creations waiting for you!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Paper: PaperZone, CosmoCricket Ever After, Recycled "Grocery Bag" from Action Envelope
Stamps: Papertrey Ink Mega Mixed Messages
Ink: Distress Inks in Antique Linen, Tea Dye and Walnut Stain
Other: Papertrey Ink Limitless Layers Die Cuts, Seam Binding from PaperZone, Vintage Button

Pin It

14 comments:

Mona L. Pendleton said...

CAS yet very pretty Meredith! Love the fan fold embellishment and the CC DP!

Sue Lelli said...

Meredith, LOVE how your "accident" turned into something so FAB! That sentiment of the rosette makes such a pretty embellie!

Pauline said...

Beautiful card, the papers are beautiful, and the rosette looks fab!

Deb Hickman said...

Beautiful card, the papers are so elegant,love the rosette embellishment and your 'happy accident' looks fab.
Thank you for the warm welcome,so happy to be part of the team this month.xxx

Suzanne C said...

Lovely CAS card. the paper is yummy and your rosette very nice touch.

Daniela said...

So pretty. I love that paper. Sometimes my colors don't come out right but I tweak them as needed in Photoshop under selective color. You can adjust each color individually.

Stephanie Kraft said...

So pretty, Meredith! Love your rosette and embossed sentiment label.

Heather Jensen said...

Fab accordian flower. Great stitching detail too. :)
Hugs~

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful papers for this weeks challenge, love the added rosette/sentiment!

lynn said...

pretty summery card and i love the pleated flower!

Cassie_lu said...

I hate it when my camera dosen't agree with me on cardstock color. What a beautiful card you have created though :)

justsomestuffimade said...

Great card Meredith - I think your card is really rocking even if you say the colours aren't shown at their best ;)
Love your happy accident to make the glossy medallion too. Thanks for the inspiration, hugs, Ruth S

Andrea M said...

Such a pretty card Meredith! I love that DP!!! Great job!!!

Debgem said...

Meredith - sorry to be so late in commenting on your fab card! I love the rosette behing your greeting and the backing paper is so pretty!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...