Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A Challenge or Three...

Have you seen my mojo? I know I put it around here somewhere, but it's definitely in hiding... I did manage a couple of creations yesterday, but they took me *forever*... I just couldn't put anything together very quickly...


So I decided to look elsewhere for inspiration. I headed to Chupa's new challenge, where I found this sketch:


And I knew that I am going to need an anniversary card in the next month or so, so I decided to create one with this sketch, combined with the colour challenge over at ColourQ. Here's how it turned out:


I think I was a bit heavy handed with the white paint, and I also think I shouldn't have used white. Oh well, now I know! When I pick up a paint brush, it is to use with acrylics on canvas... craft paint on cards is something different for me! I am loving stamping my own backgrounds these days - I have a few new PTI sets coming my way that I can't wait to try my hand with as well!

I also wanted to join in the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge. This is for sure one of my favourite challenges!



 Here is the sketch:


I made a birthday card for my dad (so if he's tuning in to this post, he'd better close his eyes!), and kept things very CAS:


Sorry for the funny angle on this one... I didn't see how crooked it was until I loaded my photo!

That is a felt coaster that I found at my dollar store, if you can believe it! I got 2 orange and two bright pink ones... for a buck!

So I am experimenting with photo set ups... my DELIGHTFUL hubby bought me the bestest anniversary gift a girl could want:


Well... maybe next to diamonds?

I am figuring out what I like and what I don't like when shooting my cards... I hope to land on something soon, but in the meantime bear with me!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Happy Anniversary Card:
Cardstock: PTI Lemon Tart, Wasabi from PaperZone
Stamps: Papertrey Ink Tag It's 1, Guide Lines II, Mat Stack 2 Collection; Waltzingmouse Say it with Style
Ink: Stampin' Up Wild Wasabi, Kiwi Kiss; ColourBox brown chalk
Other: Papertrey Ink Mat Stack 2 die, Recollections flower, Yellow Seam Binding from PaperZone


Happy Birthday Card:
Cardstock: Orange from PaperZone, White scrap!
Stamps: Papertrey Ink Birthday Basics
Other: Coaster from Dollarama, Recollections orange pearls, Papertrey Ink Terra Cotta Tile buttons

Pin It

8 comments:

Angela Fehr said...

Hi Meredith! Love your photos - the detail shots are just yummy and dramatic! About the CC stuff - I actually bought my recent stash from the warehouse since we were in Utah on vacation a week ago! I have some extra stuff so email me and maybe we can work something out. ang at angela fehr dot com

Julia Aston said...

Love both of your cards Meredith - your bright orange sketch card is so cooly cool! and what a magnificent camera!! lucky lady there!

Bumblebee said...

the card for your dad is lovely! I was looking at the felt and thinking "what kind of die was able to cut that so well!". Think I may have to have a look round for something similar! Thanks for sharing.

justsomestuffimade said...

Wowsers Meredith - I love both your cards. For someone who is on the hunt for her mojo, it definitely doesn't show! These are gorgeous!
I totally love the dimension that the paint brings and the clever patterned paper you made in the first one ;)
Cool texture with the coaster too - I would never have thought of that idea. You will have me hunting round the local poundshop now!
Hugs, Ruth S

LeAnne said...

I think your card is quite unique and fun! I forgot Chupa was doing a sketch challenge, I need to hop over there and play along--your card has inspired me! Thanks for playing the CQC challenge this week!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Meredith! Thanks for playing the ColourQ challenge this week.

Lenet said...

Very nice card love your felt doily

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh goodness, they're both so awesome! I'm in love with the first one, this flower is amazing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...