Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Blog Birthday... Day 3

Welcome back to my blog birthday celebration! Today, I am so lucky to have a guest playing along with me...


As you may have read, I am doing things a little differently this week. If you missed it, you can read up on the details here. But I do encourage you to play along... what's up for grabs? Well... I will pick one winner from each day's projects to award a badge for your blog. At the end of the week, one lucky random winner will be chosen to win... 

One free stamp set of your choice from Waltzingmouse Stamps!!

To be eligible for this great prize, just follow the rules are at the bottom of this post!

Today's Challenge:

{Colour Inspiration}

Here is the inspiration for today's challenge:

If you paid close attention to the up-close shot at the top of this post, you'll already know who today's inspiration is...

You know how much I love Waltzingmouse Stamps, so of course I love many members of the Design Team and their styles. Jennifer Holmes is such a talented crafter, and when I was lucky enough to bump into her (okay, I was the crazy woman yelling across the mall at her), she was as sweet as can be. So I was thrilled and honoured when she agreed to play along in my little birthday celebration!

I sent Jennifer the above colours, and I won't lie, I tried to pick colours that I felt were reflective of her style... She likes to use bright, fun, bold colours (but can use neutrals and soft tones just as easily), and I was absolutely floored when she sent me this photo to play along with today's challenge:


Is that not STUNNING? She did such a wonderful job with the stamped plaid background, and the way she coloured those adorable little flowers show exactly why I admire her style. She is meticulous, and while her style leans towards clean, all of her projects hold a lot of interest. I also love when she posts non-card paper crafts. She has inspired a few other projects around my house, including styrofoam ball snowmen (I loved hers, here, and made a few of my own this year), and all kinds of fun projects with Crayola's Model Magic. I definitely encourage you to stop by her blog and check out all the wonderful creations she has to share - as well as leave her a little love for this above beauty!

Something that I have really picked up from Jennifer is that she often includes gift tags with many of her projects... Because of her, I put it on my to-do list to create a tag every time I make a card. I won't lie, it hasn't gone much further than that - I have really not kept up with the resolution, but I still have it in my plans! Anyway, when I wanted to make a project that reminded me of Jennifer, I instantly thought of tags, and how she always makes clean, simple, beautiful tags. Here is where I landed:



I actually had a lot of fun creating these little beauties, so I really do intend to make it a goal in the future to keep up a stash of tags. They really can add so much to your gift, and they are a lot of impact with reasonably easy efforts!

Now it's your turn! Show me your best project using the colours above by uploading to a gallery, or your blog, and linking it below. You don't have to refer to Jennifer's style, you just have to follow the Colour Challenge. You have until Sunday, March 6th at Midnight (Pacific) to link up your project to be eligible to win the grand prize! Please be sure to mention in your post which challenge you are creating your project for, so I know where to look!

RULES:
You must be a follower of my blog to qualify for the grand prize, but anyone can play along!
All entries are eligible for a daily prize - a badge for your blog!
All entries must be linked no later than midnight (Pacific) on Sunday, March 6th, 2011
Projects must be linked to the appropriate challenge, on the corresponding blog post.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Paper: Cream and Green Recollections cardstock (I do not recommend this for much - not a great weight to it!)
Stamps: Papertrey Ink Mega Mixed Messages, Waltzingmouse Stamps Off Beat Backgrounds
Other: Papertrey Ink Die Cuts, May Arts fabric rose, buttons from stash... I believe the polka dot ribbon might be Melon Berry from PTI - it was sent to me by the wonderful Anya, also a  member of the WMS team!



Pin It

3 comments:

Monique said...

Great projects Meredith... I love your first card...Nice bright colors and so cheerful :)

Pauline said...

Love Jennifers card, it showcases those stamps to perfection, and the colours are fab! Love your tags too, such a lovely tag shape.

Basement Stamper said...

gorgeous card, beautiful seam binding and layout.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...