Saturday, February 19, 2011

Happy Birthday... CR84FN16

It's Sunday, and that means it's time for another CR84FN challenge!

Before I get to my challenge card, I just want to thank everyone who takes time out to visit my little corner of blogland and leave such wonderful comments. I have been so busy this past while that I have really not been able to properly return the favour, but I want you all to know how much it makes my day that you take time out to leave some love. I promise to return the favour more properly soon!

I have been trying to build up an arsenal of birthday cards because one of my resolutions for this year was to send more out... I have missed 2 birthdays since the New Year, but they were both people who really wouldn't have noticed, so I don't feel *too* guilty. Still... I aim to do better!

This week's colours are cool, and very soothing. I loved the inspiration board as soon as I saw it:


Gorgeous, right? Here is my take:


This card made me realize how little grey I have in my stash of goodies. Lucky for me, I found a wonderful vintage grey button in my jar, and I had grey thread to sew with. Perfect! I wanted this card to be a much cooler, more lilac feel to it, but when I was done, the pink had won the battle.

Make sure you visit the Design Team Members (links always available on my sidebar), because there are some beautiful creations this week! And, of course, stop by and leave some love for our wonderful Guest Designer, Stella, who always has something gorgeous to share! Remember, the more times you play, the better your odds are for being chosen as our next Guest Designer!
Photobucket
  Photobucket
Paper: PTI, The Girls' Paperie
Stamps: Papertrey Ink
Ink: Stampin' Up
Other: Papertrey Ink Die Cut, Recollections Fabric Flower, 

Pin It

15 comments:

Mona L. Pendleton said...

So pretty Meredith! Love that label and beautiful fabric flower embellishment!

Debgem said...

I really like the stitched detail on this card - and your buttons are fab! This is so pretty!!

Stella said...

Gorgeous and so romantic. I love that crocheted flower and the buttons are great! Love your choice of papers!

Pauline said...

Lovely card, the buttons really pop, and the papers are very pretty. Love the flower too.

Deb Hickman said...

Your card is so pretty,love the stamped label and the zig zag stitching. Thanks for the inspiration.

Deb x

lynn said...

lovely card, meredith:) these are some of my fav papers, and your stamped frame is perfect for them!

Suzanne C said...

Very elegant and lovely. The details are gorgeous and the papers sweet.

Andrea M said...

So pretty Meredith! Love all the elegant touches!! Love that you want to build an "arsenal" of b-day cards!! He he! Wouldn't it be nice if everyone wanted such benign and fabulous arsenals?!?! Great take on the colors!

Lisa Somerville said...

Lovely BD card, the journal paper works wonderfully with your lovely floral paper!

Maria said...

Very pretty card! Love the soft colors, papers, and flower!

Heather Jensen said...

Super sweet. Love the pretty paper. I almost used the very same flower. :)
Hugs~

Sue Lelli said...

Meredith, LOVE that paper and that FAB flower! LOVE the gray button and stitching! Just GORGEOUS!

Kay said...

This is just lovely, I love the soft colors and that delightful flower!

Stephanie Kraft said...

Beautiful birthday card, Meredith! Love the buttons and flower and the gray stitching really ties it all together!

Ren-Yi said...

this is just beautiful, Meredith! your shabby chic style is so amazing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...