Saturday, February 12, 2011

Happy Birthday... CR84FN15

Wow, this past week has just flown by. I mean, they all do, but truly, I don't know where this one went!

It's Sunday, so you know what that means... another CR84FN challenge!


I ADORE this week's colours. When I saw the inspiration board, I was a smitten kitten. I envisioned all kinds of wonderful, bold coloured creations... here is the board:



And here is the bold, bright, colourful card I created:


HA!

I can't help it, I just love these soft, buttery shades of yellow. And the muted yellow suited my soft turquoise paper so well... so here is where we landed. The frame on my label is actually Kiwi Kiss (green), but I don't know how well I captured the colour!

It is so awesome to see how our little challenge is growing every week. There are more and more players each time I log on - with my 2 little ones I am finding it tough commenting on everyone! But I am working hard to make sure to leave you all some love, because your beautiful creations certainly deserve it. I am in awe of the great talent we see every week... it's harder and harder to choose our Top 3 every week!

Now, head on over to the challenge blog to play along yourself, and don't forget to visit all the DT members... as always, their links are on my sidebar!

Photobucket
  Photobucket
Paper: PaperZone, My Mind's Eye
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps, Papertrey Ink
Ink: Stampin' Up
Other: Spellbinders Die Cuts; Seam Binding, PaperZone, Pom Pom Trim, May Arts

Pin It

14 comments:

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Sweet Birthday card Meredith! Love the pom pom trim and rhinestone flourish!

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful BD card, lovely damask BG paper, wonderful Pin/Ribbon treatment!

Tara Bilbao said...

I just love your choice of paper and stamps and that bow is just luscious!. The quilting pins add justt the perfect touch of detail. Beautiful card!

Pauline said...

Lovely card, that pom pom trim is gorgeous! Love the stamped sentiment in the different colours, very effective.

Debgem said...

Meredith - I see you ended up soft, pretty and feminine too! Such lovely damask paper, and I adore the jewelled swirl and gorgeous sentiment.

Suzanne C said...

Soft and elegant! Love the damask background and the little details are so beautiful!

Andrea M said...

Meredith! This card is so lovely!!! The damask and soft yellow seam binding are MAGNIFICENT! Loads of fabulous touches!

Heather Jensen said...

I actually think it is soft and elegant. The pretty paper, bling, and trim are perfect. :)
Hugs~

Stephanie Kraft said...

Sweet birthday card, Meredith! Love how soft and pretty this is.. lovely finishing touches as well!

Sue Lelli said...

Meredith, this is so soft and feminine and I LOVE it! The bg paper is AMAZING and to have found those pins with the perfect colors is so FAB! Very PRETTY card!

Stella said...

I have a place in my heart for damsk patterns and this BG paper is breathtaking. I love the swirl. Your card is sooooo elegant and chic; love it!

Silke Ledlow said...

Beautiful birthday card Meredith! I l.o.v.e your softer version of the colors :) !!! Hugs ~S~

Benzi said...

Your card is all about softness and I love it. The paper is absolutely gorgeous and the ribbon/stick pins are a very pretty addition. Beautifully created!

Ginny said...

Very nice card. I love all of your embellishments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...