Friday, February 18, 2011

Festive Friday!

Happy Friday! The weeks are just whizzing by, aren't they? It's time for this week's Christmas card and tags!


As you are noticing by now, I am completely hooked on sewing on my cards. I can't get over the dimension, the texture and the interest that it adds, and now nothing is safe from the machine!

I was inspired to try 'quilting' on a card. Now, I haven't quilted a stitch in my life, but I do love and appreciate the work that goes into a beautiful quilt. And trust me, the hubs is grateful I am not hooked on quilting, because with the beautiful fabrics out there, we'd surely need to mortgage the house. So I thought, why not try something with paper? Here's how it turned out:


I think I want to look at some real quilting patterns and try this again. I went into this one blind, but am satisfied with how it turned out... I just think I could do so more with a bit of direction!

Now for today's tags... they're 2 of a kind. I need some for some of the smaller boxes that I have (I re-use my gift boxes every year), so I just used a Marvy label punch, and because the white (so-called) card stock I have is pretty flimsy (just trying to use it all up so I can justify ordering some beautiful white from PTI), I stitched 2 layers together. Win win - a great way to adhere my layers, and I get to add some sewing!


These were incredibly quick to put together, and I love how they turned out! I think the baker's twine is what really sets them off - this is something else I am growing very fond of... *smile*

Happy Weekend! REmember to join me on Sunday for another CR84FN colour challenge... I think you'll love this week's colours - they're as beautiful as ever!
Photobucket
 Photobucket
CARD
Paper: Graphic 45, PaperZone
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: VersaFine, Stampin' Up, Distress Inks
Other: PTI Die Cuts


TAG
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: Stampin' Up
Other: Marvy Punches

Pin It

3 comments:

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Pretty tags and love your Christmas card. The embossing on the pattern paper helps to make it look like faux fabric IMO. Lovely!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Beautiful card and tags Meredith! Love the multi colored stitching and tags!

Pauline said...

Love the quilting, it's beautiful. And love those sweet little tags too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...