Friday, February 4, 2011

Festive Friday!


I am so glad I set this goal for myself this year... but I am more glad that I decided to do it as a weekly post on my blog - by doing so, it has forced me to create my cards and tags each week, rather than put them aside and procrastinate. If I hadn't committed to this weekly feature, I'd be about 3 weeks behind already!

Here are this week's tags:



I tend to keep my tags fairly simple, because I stick to a red and white colour theme with my gifts, and using only 2 colours tends to keep me in a bit of a CAS mindset. These ones were more fussy than the last few I have put together, but I think it works!

Now, this part of my post is dedicated to my sweet friend Mona... you all know how much I admire Mona and her wonderful creations. One of the details that makes her cards so beautiful is the stitching she adds to every one she creates. Forever ago, I mentioned to her that I hadn't yet been brave enough to bring out the sewing machine, and she has ever encouraged me to just take the plunge and try it...

I created another card with the machine before this one... a card for a very special occasion (more details on that later!), and one that I made with Mona in mind specifically (again, you'll have to stay tuned to learn more)... because of that, I knew I had no choice but to sew. Once I did it, I was absolutely HOOKED... and so came this week's Christmas card:


I just ADORE how this came out! I will now be adding stitching to absolutely everything I touch, I am sure. To this point, I had 2 major addictions: Alphas and DP... I can see that I will quickly add stitching to that list!

And how gorgeous is that Melissa Frances paper (on the left)? The is one of only 2 sheets I have, since it is next to impossible to find her delicious goodies around here. *LOVE*

Well, that's it for me... I am off to Seattle for the weekend to celebrate my anniversary with my hubby. I am sooooo looking forward to a break from my kiddos. I love them to bits, but I can't wait for a few adult oriented meals, and full nights of sleep!

Have a wonderful weekend, and don't forget to pop back on Sunday for the next CR84FN Colour Challenge!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Paper: Spring Rain from PTI, Melissa Frances
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: Stampin' Up
Other: Spellbinders Die Cuts

Pin It

4 comments:

Debgem said...

Super Christmas tags! The Christmas card is wonderful - so vintage!! I love the stitched detail.

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Oh my Meredith! What a sweet post! Thank you so much for the HUGE shout out! Your stitching looks fabulous on your card! I warned you it was very addicting and it will save you $ on adhesive so you can buy more stamps! :) LOL Love the tags too! Waltzingmouse Stamps has a Christmas challenge going on right now! You should enter!!!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Congratulations for keeping up with your goal! Your card is Beautiful! Wonderful paper and stitching.

Heather Jensen said...

These are darling! I love stitching on my cards too. They look naked without it. I was so upset when my machine decided to give me issues for a few days. Now we are on good terms again. LOL
Hugs~

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...