Saturday, February 26, 2011

CR84FN17... Happy Birthday

Another week has just flown by! Lucky for us, that means it's Sunday, and time for another beautiful inspiration from CR84FN!


I tell you, each week the entries get better and better! I have so much fun visiting everyone's blogs to see what they have created using our colours. This week's colour combo is so unlike Mona, I was really (pleasantly) surprised when she gave it to us... also, I LOVE these colours together! I have used this combo many times before, so I was excited to use it again! Here is the storyboard, with photos courtesy of A Creative Mint:

Can you stand it?!

Here is yet another birthday card to add to the stash!


I used some papers I had in my scrap bin, and went from there. It's hard to tell in the photo, but I stamped the pink part of my sentiment in two shades of pink to add some dimension - I think in the photo it sort of reads as blurry instead!

Don't you love that button? It's the spare from a cute little top of my 2 year old's... I mean, as if I am going to bother with replacing a button on a $8 sweatshirt, should one ever fall off - much better it be used for crafting!

Alright, head on over to the challenge blog to check out all the other beautiful creations, and don't forget to stop by the DT members' blogs (links are always available on my sidebar!) and leave them some love. This is our last week with Guest Designer Stella, so make sure you stop by her blog as well!
Photobucket
  Photobucket
Paper: PaperZone PopTones, Recollections from Michael's
Stamps: Papertrey Ink Piece of Cake
Ink: Stampin' Up Melon Mambo, Pretty in Pink and Kiwi Kiss
Other: Papertrey Ink Limitless Layers Dies, ribbon, pins and buttons from stash, pink twine from LSS

Pin It

15 comments:

Debgem said...

This is fabulous!!! I do like the dimension you've achieved by stamping the greeting in two shades of pink - not blurred at all! And such beautiful papers - it's lovely!

Pauline said...

Beautiful card, I love the pink stitching it really pops against the papers.

Stella said...

I love the combo of these papers; paisley patterned and sweet little flowers. It's beautiful and elegant! Love the stitching too :)

Suzanne C said...

Lovely clean design. The button is a super sweet touch. Love finding those extras!

Deb Hickman said...

Hehe, I love your thinking with the button, it's something I'd do. Love your card the papers you've used are gorgeous, the added bow and pins make it so pretty.

Deb xxxx

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Very pretty card Meredith! The bow and lace add such a delicate look and your pink stitching looks fab!

Andrea M said...

Such a beautiful card Meredith! I can see the sentiment stamped in two shades of pink and it's gorgeous!!! Love the patterned papers! And you're right - this is a much better use for that lovely pink button :) Lovely inspiration!

Monique said...

What a pretty card Meredith.. Your stitching looks great and a touch of lace. :)..Great work!!

Stephanie Kraft said...

So pretty, Meredith! Love all the pink goodness here and the lace is just lovely!

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful BD card, love your choice of papers! Wonderful ribbon/button embellie!

Heather Jensen said...

So sweet. The papers and little pins are fabulous. :)

My Paper Cut Bleeds Love said...

I love love love your bow and button! Im SO addicted to bows right now and I just love your style!

lynn said...

fabulously pretty card, meredith! love the papers, pins and the bit of lace:)

Sue Lelli said...

So FUN, Meredith, for a birthday card! LOVE the button story and the bow! FAB papers, too!

Dana Gustafson said...

L-L-L-Love it! Your sweet birthday card is delightful! The sewing pins and crochet lace??? DELICIOUS! Thanks so much for the CR84FN 17 inspiration!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...