Monday, February 28, 2011

Blog Birthday.... Day 1

Welcome to the first day of my Blog Birthday Celebration!


As you may have read, I am doing things a little differently this week. If you missed it, you can read up on the details here. But I do encourage you to play along... what's up for grabs? Well... I will pick one winner from each day's projects to award a badge for your blog. At the end of the week, one lucky random winner will be chosen to win...

One free stamp set of your choice from Waltzingmouse Stamps!!

Um, how exciting is that?! Imagine how thrilled I was when Claire so generously offered this prize! To be eligible for this great prize, just follow the rules are at the bottom of this post!

Today's Challenge:

{Birthday Theme}

Today I am featuring a crafter that we're all very familiar with. I know that most of you likely play with her goodies on a daily basis, and we all watch her blog with anticipation during the first part of each month...

Have you guessed it yet?

Of course I am talking about Nichole Heady!

I only really discovered Papertrey Ink last summer. I stumbled upon their site when searching for the perfect snowman stamp set, and have been hooked ever since. Like many of you, I can't wait for release time when Nichole shares so many inspiring projects, teaching me one new technique after another to stretch my stamping wings. I was also inspired by another project she took on, and plan to do more with that in a few months...

I have scoured Nichole's blog for a photo to show you one of my favourite projects, but who are we kidding? It's impossible to pick just one. So what I can tell you is that Nichole has taught me how to create wonderful patterns by combining different elements - something you can tell she has spent a lot of time on when she is designing - and being meticulous with my stamp placement.


I chose Guide Lines 2 for this card, using this exact approach. Most of Nichole's projects are softened with a bit of inking around the edges, so I also included some of that on my card. Most of all, I love Nichole's colour combinations, choosing different bold shades that always compliment each other beautifully. When I started making this card, it definitely wasn't with this challenge in mind... but as soon as it was done, I instantly thought it looked like something Nichole might make, so I knew it was perfect.


Now it's your turn! Show me your best birthday themed project (doesn't have to be a card!) by uploading to a gallery, or your blog, and linking it below. You don't have to refer to Nichole's style, you just have to follow the Theme Challenge. You have until Sunday, March 6th at Midnight (Pacific) to link up your project to be eligible to win the grand prize!

RULES:
You must be a follower of my blog to qualify for the grand prize, but anyone can play along!
All entries are eligible for a daily prize - a badge for your blog!
All entries must be linked no later than midnight (Pacific) on Sunday, March 6th, 2011
Projects must be linked to the appropriate challenge, on the corresponding blog post.


Photobucket
  Photobucket
Paper: PTI White, Cream from stash, PaperZone PZ Facets pink
Stamps: PTI Guidelines 2, Piece of Cake, Birthday Basics
Ink: Stampin' Up Pretty in Pink, Melon Mambo, Kiwi Kiss, ColorBox brown chalk ink, Distress Ink Tea Dye
Other: Ribbon and button from stash, pink twine from LSS

Pin It

4 comments:

Debgem said...

Meredith - what a wonderful way to celebrate your blog's anniversary. I'm in - going off to play now :)

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Happy Anniversary Meredith! Your card is so pretty! Love the 3 tiered cake!

Pauline said...

Happy blogoversary Meredith, it was mine last week, can't believe a whole year has gone so quickly! Ok, so I'm going to make time to play today and get a card posted, what fun! xxx

Ren-Yi said...

happy blog-o-versary to you and your very sweet blog. i couldn't agree more about Nicole Heady's blog. She has always some neat ideas to take away!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...