Saturday, January 29, 2011

You're Yummy... CR84FN13

Happy Sunday! I wonder if your weekend is as rainy as mine? Gotta love that Vancouver winter...

It's time for another CR84FN Colour Challenge! Again, we want to thank everyone who played with us last week... I had an insane week, so while I really fell short with my comments, I promise I saw each and every entry! I just love seeing what everyone creates - I find it so inspiring and it's so fun to see how differently you all interpret a common theme!

I am just LOVING the colours this week - our very own Suzanne supplied these photos as inspiration for us!! Thanks Suzanne - this is one of my favourite colour combos!

Here is the wonderful inspiration:

Initially, when I saw these colours, I planned to go quite vibrant and bright with them... but somehow, I ended up with some muted tones, and what I think is quite a retro vibe to my card. I was really pleased with it! When I hit up my LSS to find some turquoise paper, I found this lovely patterned paper from A Muse, and took it from there...

Here is my card:


This came together pretty quick, and I am so pleased with the results!

And check out the wonderful old button I found in my stash, thanks to my amazing Mother-in-Law, who has kept every button that she ever met...


I can just imagine this came off a pair of my hubby pants when he was a little guy running around!

Now, you MUST look at what all the other DT ladies have created, because as usual, there are some beautiful cards waiting for you. Their links are on my sidebar, where you can always find them!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Paper: A Muse
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: Colour Box, Stampin' Up
Other: Spellbinders die Cuts

Pin It

10 comments:

Heather Jensen said...

Beautiful Meredith! I just realized that several of us used hearts in the middle. :)
Hugs~

Debgem said...

This is gorgeous! I love the patterned paper you've used - very delicate, it makes the red ribbon and heart just pop off the page!! Beautiful!!

Suzanne C said...

Sweet card! The paper is gorgeous and the button the perfect accent! Beautiful design.

Sue Lelli said...

Meredith, your comment about that button just had my imagination going! How sweet of your Mum in law! LOVE the bg paper and LOVE the heart on your label. The ribbon is pretty perfect too! GREAT card!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

What a darling card Meredith! That DP is so pretty and I love the label with the heart stamped in the center :)

Lisa Somerville said...

How pretty! Love the DP your paired up with the sentiment. The antique button is a fab embellie!

Stephanie Kraft said...

Lovely card, Meredith! Love the vintage button!

Andrea M said...

What a pretty card Meredith!! That sentiment is AWESOME :) Great take on the colors this week!!!

Davi said...

Love that dp and the lovely sentiment! That button is just toooo cool, a perfect addition. :)

Maria said...

Very pretty card with lovely paper! Love the sentiment and ribbon! And that button is just perfect...love it!!! Thank you for commenting on my blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...