Thursday, January 27, 2011

Thank You...

Hi all! I know the blog has been a little quiet this week, but I have been incredibly busy. I am planning a baby shower for my very favourite friend, and have been working mostly on her invitations that need to go out within a few days. But, I thought I squeeze a little post in here for you!


We have a neighbour that did us a wonderful favour a few weeks ago, so I needed to do something to let her know how much we appreciated her help. I made a gift set by recycling a pop-top tin that I opened from the bottom, then washed out. I filled it with some Hershey's nuggets, then decorated it to match her card.


I kept things kind of simple, because I don't know about you, but to me, if I am giving something to someone that I know will likely toss my creations into the recycling, I don't want to use up all my best goodies. It's alright, some people don't know they're supposed to keep all the handmade cards I create for them, and I am okay with that! :)

Here is a close up of the card:

And this is the tin:


For colour inspiration, I used this week's storyboard at CR84FN. You still have until tomorrow to play along! Remember, the more times you play, the better your chances of being selected as a month-long guest designer with us!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Stamps: Papertrey Ink
Ink: Stampin' Up, VersaColour, VersaFine
Other: Die cuts from Papertrey Ink

Pin It

3 comments:

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Pretty gift ensemble Meredith! Love the fan fold embellishment and the baker's twine adds such a nice touch!

Pauline said...

This is exquisite! I love the banner shape on the card, and the rosette is fabulous, just gorgeos!

Antonella said...

This is a pretty gift... I laughed out load when your wrote "I kept things kind of simple, because I don't know about you, but to me, if I am giving something to someone that I know will likely toss my creations into the recycling, I don't want to use up all my best goodies" I know what you mean!!! Big SIGH.

Hugs, antonella :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...