Thursday, January 13, 2011

Sweet 16...

Today is the 16th birthday of the niece of a friend of a.... well you get the idea. I was asked to create a card with a 'sweets' theme (of course!)...




I immediately thought of a cupcake digi that I had from a previous DT stint... it was perfect for this!




I combined it with this fun patterned paper that I *think* is from A Muse - it was not very clearly marked at the LSS when I bought it, and there are no markings on it... so I hope I am correct!


Now, again, I am so new to Copics, and have to work with only a few colours, so DO be kind to me... here is a close up:




The icing leaves much to be desired when you look at it this close up, but in terms of how it turned out with the overall card, I was pleased with the effect. I knew I wanted pink icing, but I don't have anything but a blush coloured marker, so I had to make it work with my red to give it any sense of boldness.


Come back tomorrow for the first post of a new weekly installment on my blog!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Stamps: Digi image from DZ Doodles
Paper: A Muse (?)
Other: Copic Markers, Spellbinders Labels 3 die cuts

Pin It

3 comments:

Susan Hogan said...

But that is part of being sixteen - being bold as well as sweet! I really love the colours and the colouring makes it look good enough to eat.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

The frosting on your cupcake looks 'delicious'! Cute and sweet looking card that I'm sure the 16 yr old will love!

Joanne Leddy said...

Sweet card for Sweet Sixteen! The colors are so strong and bold on a field of white - perfect! Fun, sassy, and playful! Love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...