Saturday, January 22, 2011

CR84FN12

Happy Sunday! It's time for another CR84FN Colour Challenge. We had SO many wonderful participants last week... it's awesome to see that the word is getting out there, and the numbers are growing every week... and the quality of work is truly inspiring! I love looking at how differently everyone interprets a single theme - it's amazing!



This week's colour palette was very light and definitely spring-like. I love the soft shades, and beautiful inspiration photos, again provided from A Creative Mint. Now there's a delicious site :)

Here is the story board for this week:



And here is my card:


I don't remember the last time I made a card this CAS, but I am pretty pleased with the results! I bought an inexpensive piece of DP from Michael's that had all these wonderful Valentines images, and decided I'd cut them all out for my projects. This one I adhered to a cream cardstock, then trimmed it with my pinking shears to add some interest as well as stability. I added some red glitter glue to the little heart topper on the cupcake, just to bling things up a notch!

Head on over to the challenge blog to try out this week's colours and check out this week's guest designer. The other Design Team ladies have some beautiful samples to inspire you, and you can always check out their blogs by clicking the links in my sidebar. Happy Sunday!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Paper: Kraft Cardstock from PTI, DP to create label from Recollections (Michael's)
Other: Satin Ribbon from Wal Mart

Pin It

10 comments:

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Very cute C&S card Meredith! Love the shimmery heart on top of the cupcake!

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful CAS valentine, the DSP worked perfectly for this weeks challenge!

Debgem said...

I love CAS - this is just wonderful and the satin bow and glitter in the heart, add some pretty bling! Fab!

Suzanne C said...

Sweet CAS design! Lovely cupcake and detail with the heart.

Pauline said...

This is so lovely, I really want to make a card with cupcakes on it now! So sweet!

Stephanie Kraft said...

Beautiful CAS card, Meredith! Love the cupcake and glittered heart.. they are SO sweet!

Andrea M said...

Lovely card Meredith! So CAS and wonderfully sweet :) Great job!!!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

I guess I need to visit Michael's! I love this card and the image you used. So Cute!

Joanne Leddy said...

Pure sweetness! That little heart is so cute! Thanks for sharing!

Heather Jensen said...

OMG! I just realized I missed leaving you a comment Saturday night. I am so sorry. I don't know how I did that. Some of the girls didn't have theirs up when I posted mine and I went to bed. I thought I got everyones the next day. I feel horrible Meredith.

This is so cute. That little Valentine stamp is adorable. :)
Hugs~

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...