Saturday, January 15, 2011

CR84FN11

Another week, another challenge! This week's palette instantly brought Valentine's Day to mind, so I went ahead and made a card for my hubby!




I sure hit the jackpot when my local fabric store put all their buttons on half price... look at that pewter heart!


Here is this week's colour board, with scrumptious photos from A Creative Mint.  And have you noticed the wonderful quotes that Mona includes in her story boards?


Hmm... I wonder why Cupid's favourite holiday came to mind?


Here is my card:


I used up some of the goods I bought on sale in March last year, and have hoarded all year since... This piece of Fancy Pants paper had the perfect quote already on it - I just had to be creative about how I cut it. I wanted some kind of embellishment to frame the sentiment to draw the eye there, but didn't have anything the right size... so I made one! I used the faux metal technique with gold embossing powder, and brushed it with silver pigment ink when I was done.




It cracked a bit at the top while I was trying to flatten it out, but I thought it just added to the vintage appeal, right?


You can check out this week's challenge here, as well as meet this week's Guest Designer. Remember, the more you play, the better your chances at being chosen as our Guest! As always, I have linked all the other lovely DT Ladies' blogs on my sidebar for you to go see their beautiful cards using this week's colours!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Stamps: Waltzingmouse
Ink: Brilliance, Stampin' Up
Paper: Fancy Pants
Other: Copics, Spellbinders Labels 4 Die Cuts

Pin It

11 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

How pretty! Your faux metal frame came out beautifully! Wonderful vintage image for a valentine!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Gorgeous Vintage Valentine Meredith! Love the metal heart button and sweet tag!

FrancineB said...

Beautiful card! Love the warm, worn look of it and the sweet image of the little girl.

Debgem said...

This is just wonderful. I love that big bow and the heart button - so pretty. The frame around is quote is super. So vintage - fab!

Suzanne C said...

What beautiful paper and perfect for the colors this week. Love your faux metal frame! Sweet idea.

Stephanie Kraft said...

Sweet Valentine's card for your hubby! Love the sweet metal heart charm!

Heather Jensen said...

Definitely has vintage appeal. Love that heart button and pretty paper. I am bad at hoarding too. :)
Hugs~

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Very pretty Valentine, luv your image and colors.

Andrea M said...

Such a gorgeous, vintage card Meredith!!! LOVE that fax metal!!! It looks fabulous and so real! Great take on the challenge colors! Wonderful inspiration!

Gale Evans said...

Such a fabulous card, Meredith! I love the vintage style of this card and that sentiment is s perfect! Great use of the challenge colors! My favorite part is that ribbon with the metal heart! Just plain gorgeous!

Sue Lelli said...

I LOVE how you MADE that frame! LOVE that PERFECT paper for the color challenge! That ribbon and bow is DIVINE and that button ~ what a find! Your card is just STUNNING!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...