Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A Challenge or Two...

The toddler is on a date with her grandmother, and the baby is napping... so *this* is what quiet sounds like...




Today I am sharing a card that combines two challenges: The Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge, which I haven't managed to play with for a few weeks now, as well as The Shabby Tea Room's "White and Bright" challenge.


When I saw this week's sketch, I was smitten... combine it with such a fun colour challenge, and this is what you get:




I LOVE how it turned out. It came together quite quickly, as it was really just a matter of cutting out my blocks, and having a little party with my Cuttlebug folders... halfway through, I mentioned to my mother in law that I can see where quilters have their fun. I do think some stitching would have gone a LONG way on this card, but as the craft room is bulging at the seams, all my stitching is faux at the moment - and white ink on white paper just seemed a waste of time, no?


I chose Old Olive as my one colour, and added some primas in a very close shade of green:




This picture also sort of highlights how I used a shimmery white paper as my frame around the sentiment.


I LOVE interior design, and sort of took a page out of the manual by going with the idea that one colour, particularly white, doesn't have to be boring, so long as you introduce lots of texture and many shades. I think it worked!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Stamps: Waltzingmouse
Ink: Stampin' Up
Other: Cuttlebug embossing folders, Prima blossoms, Papertrey Ink Dies, Cotton Lace trim.

Pin It

8 comments:

Nicole said...

Very pretty! Quiet time with 2 kids is diffiult to come by - I fully understand! Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR! :)

Debgem said...

Meredith - so nice to enjoy the peace and quiet - shh!! That's an absolutely beautiful card. I love how you've used so many different folders to give texture, and I really like green - stunning!!

Pauline said...

Gorgeous, yes I agree, this is what quiet is like - lovely and serene, a beautiful card.

Julia Aston said...

Wow Meredith! love all that embossed white! and your flower is a wonderful touch of color! thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week!

Debbie said...

Lovely embossing ... such a pretty card! Thanks for joining us this week in the Tea Room :)

Mona L. Pendleton said...

STUNNING card Meredith! Love all the texture and the gold embossed sentiment! Thanks for playing along with the WMSC :)

cbuswell said...

Wonderful creation! Thanks for joining us this week at the Shabby Tea Room! : )

Lenet said...

awsome! love the white , the embossing and touch of grey. Thak you for joining us at WMSC

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...