Sunday, January 9, 2011

Celebrate! CR84FN10

Happy Sunday! Can you believe it's already a week into the New Year? Time is already flying, and we've barely gotten started! I have to say, I've managed to stick to my goals and lists this week - for me, that's pretty impressive for a resolution!






Time for today's CR84FN Colour Challenge! I need to warn me readers now... if ever that is a broken link, please forgive me. As you can see, we spell colour (and favour, and neighbour... the list goes on) diffeently in Canada - so I am always likely to spell it wrong in the blog address! I'll do my best ;)


Today's pallette is quite a spring one.. refreshing, don't you think?








Here is my card:


Don't you just love that pewter heart button? My local fabric store puts all their notions on for 50% off every long weekend, so we headed over for the savings during Boxing Day week (Canadian equivalent to Black Friday, I guess?) and I loaded up on some really cool buttons. Have I mentioned that I am completely addicted to buttons?


This card is for my amazing mother-in-law - yesterday was her birthday, so we took her out for dinner and my oldest helped me make her a cake. She does SO much for us, I try very humbly to give back... I just know I fall short most of the time!


Head on over to the CR84FN blog to try out this week's challenge!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Stamps: Papertrey Ink
Ink: Tim Holtz, Stampin' Up, VersaColour
Other: Cuttlebug embossing folder, Spellbinders Die Cuts Labels 1

Pin It

10 comments:

Andrea M said...

Meredith this is so lovely!!! Beautiful work - love the seam binding and the polka dot background!! Fabby!!!
What part of Canada are you from? I'm originally from eastern Canada (been in the US almost 8 years) and we are moving back this fall!!!

Stephanie Kraft said...

Just lovely, Meredith! Love all the polka dots and that heart button is so sweet!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful! Love the polka dots too and the ribbon is gorgeous!

Lisa Somerville said...

Lovely use of this weeks colors, I'm sure your MIL was thrilled with her card! Cute heart button embellie!

Debgem said...

Meredith - this is just fab!! I love the dotty background and the shading. And that green ribbon bow is just brilliant. I'm sure your MIL loved it.

Don't worry about the spelling - we have colour and favour over in the UK too.

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Very pretty card Meredith! Love the green bow and the whimsical frame! I am sure your MIL cherished this :)

Betty Wright said...

Meredith, this is fantastic! Great blend of the colors and the ribbon with accenting is lovely! Great looking card!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Very pretty card. I like how you have just a hint of the yellow and lavender showing on your card. Works so well for this challenge.

Nicola said...

Such a lovley card and I am sure your mother in law loved it to. Loving the heart button and the ribbon you used. Nicola xx

Heather Jensen said...

Wonderful card! I am sure she loved it. The embossed paper is fabulous.
I just copy and paste the blog addresses so I never worry about misspelling them. You might want to try that. Works wonderfully. I am bad to type too fast and type wrong. hehe :)
Hugs~

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...