Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Cards for Katie...

Yesterday I told you about Katie, and how you could help by making a donation here, in return for some (a LOT) of great digital images. 



I downloaded my images, and went straight to work - I had all kinds of other things on my to-do list yesterday, but I wanted to show my support for Katie, so I pushed everything else aside and broke out the Copics!


Fist, an image I was thrilled to see in my pack - there are so many more images than you might think at first! You all know how I feel about cherries...




How sweet is that bowl full of them?? Now - be kind... I am still very new to copics, so my colours are limited, and I am still learning to blend well... but here is a close up:




A bit rough - but I enjoyed it all the same! I also used a marker to outline the embossed edge of my die cut - a neat effect, but I have to figure out how to control the bleed...


The sentiment on the card came with this same bundle - and it's only one of many!


I also had fun with another image...


Hot air balloons seem to be everywhere right now, and I just haven't been able to break down and get one yet - so I was pretty happy to see this one!


I made this one into a mini card/oversized gift tag:






I used the same edge technique here - I really like how it turned out!


Alright, stop hanging around here - go make your donation!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Cherry Card:
Paper: Cosmo Cricket
Stamps: Digital images from Help for Katie
Other: Copic Markers, Spellbinders Die Cuts Labels 3 & Labels 4


Hot Air Balloon Card:
Stamps: Digital images from Help for Katie
Other: Cuttlebug Embossing folder, Copic Markers, Spellbinders Die Cuts Labels 4

Pin It

2 comments:

Debgem said...

Hi Meredith - both these cards are really lovely. I do love the bowl of cherries - almost good enough to eat!! It's a super set of images and hopefully will raise a lot for Katie and her family.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Very pretty cards. Great coloring and like the lace with the bowl of cherries. I too have downloaded this collection but have not had the time to see everything given to us. Sure hope Katie and her family get plenty of attention with this wonderful fundraiser.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...