Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Warm Wishes...

Well... are you ready for Christmas yet? It's just a little more than a week away! I plan to spend most of tomorrow baking and making chocolates, and after that I will be preparing for a Christmas dinner I am hosting for friends on Saturday - I'll be sharing pictures next week! Most of my gifts are wrapped, the cards are addressed - just have to get them to a box!


Today's card is for Mona Pendelton's colour challenge:






Here is my card:


I used a Kraft base for my card, and then used a pink paper that I have which resembled coral the closest. I stamped that colour with one of the stamps from Text It (Waltzingmouse), then distressed the edges. I stamped a cream coloured piece with Versa using the polka dot stamp in Off Beat Backgrounds (WMS), which is quickly becoming a go-to stamp for me! I then embossed it using clear powder, and distressed it using various colours of distress ink.


The lacy scallop and the floral focal point were from my stash - I haven't a clue who they were put out by, but they are a couple of years old! It is hard to tell, but the floral tag is actually dimensional thanks to some foam dots!


See that tag?




I used the faux metal technique with my silver embossing powder to create this - hence the mishap with the end of the word 'warm'! I swiped it with some distress ink to add some age as well... I am thrilled with the results! Kristina Werner does a great video tutorial here. I ran mine through the Big Shot once I had stamped the image and everything had cooled - it worked well, with no residue on my plates!


I also used this week's Waltzingmouse Sketch for this card - I'll be sharing another card tomorrow using the same sketch!

Pin It

4 comments:

Mona L. Pendleton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mona L. Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Meredith! Love the faux metal tag -so neat looking! The stamped BG looks fabulous! Thanks so much for playing along with the CR84FN challenge :)

Kelly S. said...

That TOTALLY looks like a metal charm, Meredith! Love the roses stamped in brown, very vintage-looking. Fab card for these challenges!

Julia Aston said...

Love that faux metal technique Meredith! such pretty pastel colors on this!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...