Monday, December 13, 2010

Snowflakes in the Air...

Can you believe that in only 2 weeks, Santa will have been, the presents will have been opened, the stockings emptied, and we'll all be munching on turkey leftovers?


Let's not think about that...




Today's card was made using last week's sketch over at Get Sketchy. I don't always get these things posted in time for all the challenges, and unfortunately, I didn't make the sketch deadline, but I am just in time to enter this into the colour challenge over at The Playdate Cafe.




I started with embossing a piece of cardstock that was the same colour as my card base with a Cuttlebug folder. I used Crushed Concord distress ink to highlight my swirly background, before aging the edges with Tea Stain. 


Next, I die cut my snowflakes from the Peace Be Still die set from Papertrey Ink, and stamped them with the coordinating stamps. 






I cut a tag using my Labels 4 nesties, and stamped the sentiment from Holiday Wishes by PTI. I added some buttons in 2 shades of blue, and some lacy ribbon to tie everything together!

Pin It

3 comments:

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH WOW! I love that embossing and inking--CLEVER and beautiful! Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with the color story over at the PDCC:}

Julie Ranae said...

I absolutely LoVe what you did with the colors for our challenge and we are so happy to have you play with us in The Play Date Cafe!

Julie Ranae said...

p.s.....although your blog is not brand new, I am happy to add you to my blog roll as a 'newer blog you must see' over at Julie's Open Window...always happy to promote GREAT creative places!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...