Thursday, December 16, 2010

Nice Person...

I told you I had another card using the Waltzingmouse sketch






I know I am late, but I have spent the entire day baking and decorating sugar cookies for my dinner party this weekend. As I promised before, pictures to come!


Don't you just love this stamp from the Around Christmastime stamp set? I love the really fun element it brings to this card.




I made this card for an order, and when I was done, I wasn't convinced I wanted to give it up, I was so in love with it. Maybe I'll have to whip up another one!


I started with a Kraft base - something that is a current obsession - and layered some light turquoise paper that I distressed and faux stitched. Then I created my own DP using images from various sets (Musical Backgrounds, Very Vintage Christmas, Oven Fresh Gingerbread Joy), and adding glossy accents for some dimension. I also distressed and faux stitched this piece.






I then created my medallion with a strip of paper that I first stamped with the polka dots from Off Beat Backgrounds, before distressing the edges. I stamped the sentiment twice, and cut out the 2 layers so I could pop the top one up.




I added some cotton lace, some seam binding that I dyed with a copic and some distress inks, and finished it all off with this adorable snowflake button (snowflakes? In button form? I don't think it can get any better!). The picture doesn't show, but the button is actually sparkly!


The blog might be a bit quiet over the next few days as I prepare for my early Christmas dinner, but I promise to share next week!

Pin It

8 comments:

Kelly S. said...

Another great one for this sketch...love the background paper you made by combining those stamps!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

This is so pretty! I can see why you would not want to part with it. I really like that stamp image and how you have highlighted the 'i' with a rhinestone too.

Julia Aston said...

So pretty Meredith! love the bg stamping and the pretty medallion - great colors on this - can you share some of the sugar cookies??? LOL!!!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Meredith! Love the fan fold embellishment and pretty bow! Can't wait to see all the fun photos :) Thanks for playing along with the WMSC :)

Edna Morrisedie said...

Lovely interpretation of the sketch, all the stamping looks fab, as does your fan fold embelli

lila Check said...

This is so pretty! I can see why you would not want to part with it...I wouldn't!
lovely blog by the waY!!
hugs
Lila
marry Christmas!!

Julie Ranae said...

So very beautiful!

Alice Wertz said...

this is so pretty! love love the stamped patterned paper. fabulous card! thanks for joining us at WMSC this week!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...