Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A Masculine Christmas Card...

I really do have so much to share with you. It's a matter of finding time to go through my photos and get them all uploaded, etc... But hopefully I can plan a day to just sit down and get it all organized so that the ol' blog is less neglected!

Today I have a more masculine card to share with you...
This is for this week's sketch over at Inspirational Card Sketches... next week will officially be my last week designing for ICS! I have enjoyed my 6 months, and Dawn actually offered another 6 month term, but I've realized that I have a few things I want to concentrate on in the New Year, and so I will be stepping down.

Anyway, onto my card...
Aren't we always struggling with masculine themed cards? I know I am not alone here! My brother-in-law is in his own place for the first time this Christmas, so I won't be merely adding his name to my MIL's card this year! When this card started coming together, I knew right away it would be his.

I have been longing for Off-Beat Backgrounds from Waltzingmouse Stamps for some time, and finally bit the bullet on my last order and included it. And it has not disappointed! I used the plaid stamp to create my background - and was amazed at how easy it really was. I was sort of intimidated at first, but am thrilled with the results! I then used the stitching stamp to frame my tag, stamped right on the background. Great for me - I still have yet to find a corner to cram the sewing machine in and get stitching!

The greenery is from Festive Foliage, which is such a gorgeous set. It's so wintery, but lends itself perfectly for manly themes! I stamped the greenery first, then added the pinecones separately, so that I could use brown on them. I realized after it was all finished that some 'snow' in the form of white glitter would have packed quite a punch here!

How cute is that "peace" sentiment?

I edged everything with some distress inks, which made the background remind me of a flannel shirt.

Head on over to ICS and try out the sketch for yourself!

Pin It

2 comments:

Carol's Ink Spot said...

I really like this card. The plaid BG is just right for masculine card. Lovely!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Gorgeous masculine Christmas card Meredith! I'm right there with you - struggling with "manly" cards.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...