Thursday, December 2, 2010

For My Favourite Gingerbread Girls...

Wow, as Christmas gets closer and closer, my blog gets quieter and quieter... I am just so busy getting everything ready! I have been crafting up a storm, decorating the house (4 trees down, one to go!), putting up the lights, decking the halls, you get the idea... not enough hours in the day! The little ones - okay, the bigger little one - is getting very excited for the holiday. Imagine her delight when she discovered that every little pocket in the advent calendar had a treat in it with her name on it! Try and tell a 2 year old she only gets one a day and she has to wait until tomorrow; please put the candy from the 17th back in it's pocket... but she's an awesome little monkey, and she resisted sticking her adorable little paws in for more, once she had returned the stolen goods...



Because I have such beautiful little sources of inspiration, imagine how hard it was to come up with some fun Christmas cards for my girls. Especially with this ADORABLE set from Waltzingmouse Stamps (it's actually from last year). I have seen this set plenty, and always thought it was cute - so very not me. But when you have 2 little ones, you see things in a different perspective. This could easily become a favourite set now!



I also chose to do a non-traditional colour theme for these cards, since it's for little ones. And I just LOVE having girls, how could I resist adding some pink?



The only difference is the card base. I actually used last week's sketch from Card Patterns, but didn't get this posted in time to enter the challenge. Oh well, it's all about inspiration, right?

I started by stamping different images from the Oven Fresh Gingerbread Joy set onto white cardstock. So cute! Then I edged the paper with my Melon Mambo ink - just running the paper directly over the pad before running the newly created patterned paper through a snowflake Cuttlebug folder, to give it some dimension. I used the Labels 3 nesties to create my panels, turning the matte on it's side and stamping the hearts onto each corner. I added a little rhinestone heart to the little gingerbread girls for some bling factor! Some rick-rack and organza ribbon tied with a button and baker's twine finish off these adorable cards!

Pin It

3 comments:

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Your cards are so cute! Love the idea of embossing the printed paper. Adorable photo of your two girls. So much fun with them during this time of the year!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Oh Meredith! Your little Angels are so precious! Your cards are darling! Love the pink and green color combo and all the little peppermint candy :)

AuroraDawn said...

Beautiful cards Meredith, love the colour combination, especially nice for little girls!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...