Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas Dinner

As promised, I snapped a few shots from my Christmas dinner this past Saturday night. We hosted our favourite neighbours, as well as my mother in law and brother in law for a turkey dinner.


As I may have mentioned before, I am OBSESSED with snowflakes. Here is some photo evidence...





And I also have a set of 'everyday' dishes that are snowflake themed... hmm...


Here is the whole table:
The kids from next door were so excited because I let them drink their sparkling juice from a wine glass - something they had never done before!


I made very simple place cards this year...
...because I have a great idea for more permanent ones next year!


Emma had her very own setting, complete with snowflake confetti, just like on the big table - only, she had her own Christmas dishes:
There IS a fork to that set somewhere, and if you see it, I sure would appreciate it's return...


Here are the cookie favours at each place setting:


And a close up of the tag:


And here are allllll the sugar cookies I made this year:




Thank god for my mother in law's kitchen, as my own is far too small to set up this production line! These have been handed out as gifts to the neighbours and some friends. They're time consuming, but I love making them! You can find the recipe on my post, here.


With all the leftover cookie dough, I cut out tons of mini snowflakes, and dusted them with icing sugar:
I had next to no dough left over, and these were scrumptious little bites!


And finally, my beautiful assistant, who made sure her grandmother's mixer was clean for the next batch!




Thank goodness she was wearing her play-clothes!

Pin It

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

What a gorgeous table setting!! And the embroidered snowflake on the napkin matching the snowflake of the silverware is fantastic. What a wonderfully Christmas table to sit at. Thanks for sharing it with us all.

Mona L. Pendleton said...

HOLY SMOKES Meredith! How on Earth did I miss this post???? Your table setting looks incredible! Love all the scrumptious cookies, tags and your darling assistant :) So precious! Hope you had a very Merry Christmas :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...