Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Have You Met Amanda?

You can see that the caption on my Blog title reads "...a random array of what inspires me today..."


Often, aren't we all incredibly inspired by our fellow bloggers? To this end, I would like to share with you a blog that I turn to for inspiration almost daily. 


I have made mention on my blog previously that I love to visit Kevin and Amanda... Amanda is a funny, great writer, and her blog is full of wonderful ideas, tips, and sometimes even a giveaway! Just look at what she gave away to one of her readers this past week:


I found this blog when I was dressing up my own - Amanda has an amazing resource of tutorials, helping you with everything from blog design, to photography and even some photoshop skills! She always gives in depth, easy to understand instructions, and lots of images along the way to help.


And have I mentioned the TONS of free fonts? I have scored a few there myself, including the one I use as my signature on all my posts - it was close enough to my own handwriting without actually creating a font from my own. But if I was so inclined, I could send Amanda my writing, and she would do it for me.. then you could have it too! The fonts on Amanda's blog are perfect for more than just your blog, as well - she has selected many and grouped them together with scrapbooking in mind...


She has a wealth of recipes to try, as well. She has shared more than one cupcake that I want to dive into! Take a lick... er... look at this ice cream that she made...




...and no churning necessary! I can attest to this recipe - my friend tried it out and can't stop raving about it!


Amanda has posted many a tutorial on learning to use a DSLR camera... something I hope to obtain within the next year... it is my plan to learn as much as I can (from Amanda, of course), then go shopping for a new toy. Just look at this fantastic array of photos she created - using a paper punch to help her!




Yep, we paper-crafters can find all kinds of uses for our tools!


Finally, because you and I both share a passion for all things paper, here is a great idea from Amanda: use old packing boxes (you know, from all those late-night stamp binges) and create a beautiful mini-album! Look at this beauty:




Anyway... this is one of my favorite places to visit every day, and I thought you might like to, as well! I encourage you to stop by, and tell me what you think!


I have really enjoyed doing a feature of another blog... who knows, maybe you'll see another one sometime ;)

Pin It

2 comments:

nikky said...

oh i like this!!!!

www.kevinandamanda.com said...

Thank you so much for your kind words, Meredith! :) You have a beautiful blog. I love the font you've chosen for your signature, it's one of my favorites! :) Hope you have a wonderful holiday! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...