Thursday, December 9, 2010

Baby Album...

Today I am sharing something that actually isn't for Christmas!




I made two of these albums for a friend's co-workers who are due with their babies in January. My friend is a teacher, and wanted to give the mums-to-be their gifts before the Christmas break. She asked me about 10 days ago if I could make something - talk about rushed!


I started with some chipboard albums - I just picked these up at Michael's in the $1.50 bin! I figure, chipboard is basically chipboard, and I am covering it all up in paper - why break the bank? These were from a Christmas selection - they're actually intended as Christmas balls - but I flipped them on their side, and voila!




I used this week's sketch from the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge blog. Because there is so much involved in this album, I will list all my supplies at the bottom of this post!


I love how you can manipulate clear stamps - how I could bend them to make my sentiments match the curve of the album. 




I used the WMS sketch for the cover, as well as one of the pages inside:




This is the first page of the book, and I added space for all the birth info on the left. I left spaces on each page for the new parents to add some favourite photos. For all of the other pages, the left sides are blank so that mum and dad can do their own journalling.


The rest of my sketches were from Page Maps, where they have all kinds of round sketches - easy for me!







Here is a list of all the supplies used in this book - if you have any other questions about how I did anything, just drop me an email!


Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazill Cardstock
Patterned Paper: Recollections (Michael's)
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps, Papertrey Ink
Inks: Stampin' Up, Tim Holtz Distress Inks, Colour Box Chalk Ink
Alpha Stickers: Making Memories, Cosmo Cricket, Basic Grey
Other: Ribbon from Michael's, Buttons from Wal Mart USA, Vintage Buttons, Hug Snug Seam Tape, Spellbinders Nestabilities Die Cuts.

Pin It

4 comments:

Savitri said...

Such a cute little book!! Great take on the different challenges for your project! Thanks for playing with the Mice this week :)

Julia Aston said...

Love your little round baby book Meredith! thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Meredith, I love your circular Baby themed mini! Great take on this week's sketch! Thanks so much for playing along with the WMSC :)

Lenet said...

Love it! Love the pea buttons. Thanks for joining us at WMSC!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...