Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Waltzingmouse Christmas Blog Waltz...





The stores are fully stocked, the carols are playing, and I am itching to decorate my house! But, I know if I do, I'll regret it about 10 days before Christmas, as I will be sick of the dust collectors everywhere. So I am trying my hardest to refrain. Saying this, we DID put up one of the girls' trees in her bedroom on Monday...






I digress...


It's time for the Waltzingmouse Blog Waltz! And this month's theme is... what else? Christmas!

I always like to make something that isn't a card for the waltzes, just to do something different. So this month, I created an ornament using my Spellbinders!




I used my Labels 3 nesties, and cut out 3 pieces of a creamy white cardstock. Then I used the coordinating stamp set from WMS, and embossed each one in black. I got out the copics, and coloured in the details.





I stamped the sentiment and snowflake from Very Vintage Christmas (the first set I ever loved from WMS, when I stumbled upon Claire's blog!). I repeated the same thing on all three cut outs.


Next, I threaded some vintage beads onto some satin ribbon.




I folded all the pieces down the center, and adhered 2 of them together with score tape before adhering my ribbon through the center. Then I added the third one. I added one last bead at the top of the ornament and tied a loop to hang it from the tree!


I wonder who will be the lucky recipient of this project? It does not coordinate with my tree's colours, and yep, I am that much of a stickler for sticking to the theme!


Happy Waltzing!

Pin It

16 comments:

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Beautiful decoration Meredith! Great job coloring all the pretty detail and the beads look awesome!

Joanne Gilch said...

Fabulous ornament! Let's us know who you send it to!!! Love your choice of vintage beads.

Lee said...

Your ornament is really lovely.

Pauline said...

Beautiful ornament, love the colours and the beading.

Belinda said...

Wow, what a lovely ornament! The beards are just the perfect touch!

Jen said...

Making these dimensional ornaments is so fun.
Thank you for sharing.

Debby said...

Love the layered stamping and beads.

Joyce across the Pond said...

Beautiful ornament! Love the little beads to finish it off so well.

Nerina said...

Oh this is beautiful! I love the colours you've used and the way you've put this together with the beads!! Enjoy decorating ... we're going 'live' on the 27th ... :0)!!

Kelly S. said...

Oh so lovely! I love the little ornament and the beautiful colors and baubles!

Cassie_lu said...

what a sweet ornament

Dee in N.H. said...

So pretty! Love the beads you added!

Inkyfingers said...

What a pretty ornament - those beads are gorgeous and it is so well done.
Hugs Carol x

Ren-Yi said...

lovely sweet ornament. the beads are such a nice addition.

Julia Aston said...

What a lovely ornament! love the beads and pretty colors!

Debgem said...

These are fabulous baubles. I really like the way Claire's stamps lend themselves to make such great designs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...