Monday, November 1, 2010

Tags, Tags, Tags...


This year was my oldest's first year trick-or-treating. She just turned 2 in August, so she is still learning her words, and has hit a major shy stage, so it made for an interesting evening! I dressed both my lovelies up as witches (and intended to share their costumes on my blog yesterday, but it just didn't happen), but the little one needed sleep just as it was time to head out for our treats - thank goodness for grandma (Gabga, in our house!)!
Emma, showing you her best witch face... we've been practicing since August!
 I made Emma's hat, which I showed you last week, as well as her skirt, and the panel on her shirt made to look like a corset - a labour of love, this whole outfit!

Josie, showing you HER best witch face...

Josie is eating Emma's tutu, and Emma is not impressed! Can you see Josie's matching tiny tutu?

Today is a big day for Gabga... she is debuting on my blog! This is the first time she has entered a challenge, and I have to tell you, she pored over it. When Claire from Waltzingmouse first announced her "Tag - You're It" challenge, my mother-in-law jumped right to action, and really put everything she had into her tag.

So here is her beautiful creation for Claire's challenge:

And here is a close up of the bead garland, which she strung herself oh-so-patiently:

You can see that she used the largest in the Labels 10 nesties, and created a background using some of the flourishes from the Waltzingmouse set, Very Vintage Christmas. She added some rhinestones to her snowflakes to give them a little sparkle. She used the tree die from Papertrey Ink, and embossed it with the Textile Cuttlebug folder, before brushing a silver pigment pad lightly over it. Then she adhered her little bead garland, and attached some pearls as ornaments on the tree. She backed her label with some doilies that she distressed a bit with River Rock. Her sentiment is from Very Vintage Christmas, and the border is from the Very Vintage Labels No. 4 set. Some organza ribbon and some pearl buttons finish off the tag beautifully!

I always bug MIL that I am better at this craft than she is, but you can see that I am only teasing. My husband then likes to remind me that she tends to sell more cards than I do! It's great that we can share this hobby - I always have company in the craft room, and we have double the resources to spend on new goodies ;)

Now, here is my tag for the same challenge:

I used the same Labels 10 Nesties, cutting the largest one first, and stamping it with the Text-It set from Waltzingmouse in VersaFine Crimson. I then distressed it using Antique Linen and a bit of Walnut Stain around the edges. Then I used 2 sizes smaller to cut out another label, which I cut into 3 pieces, after I stamped it with Musical Backgrounds, also WMS. I then faux stitched the edges the three pieces with my silver gel pen, before I distressed the edges with my scissors. You can see I made another one of the 3D poinsettias:


I stamped the leaves and the blooms from Big Blooms: Poinsettias onto the coordinating colours of card stock, before shading them with my Copic Markers. I added some amber coloured rhinestones to finish it off.

I used my Labels 4 Nesties and coordinating border stamp from Waltzingmouse for my sentiment tag, and chose to use one from Claire's fantastic set, Compliments of the Season. This is easily one of my all-time favorites for Christmas sentiments!

I also added a flourish from Claire's Very Vintage Labels No. 10 near the top of the tag, and added a brown pearl for some detail. I attached some metallic raffia as my loop, and finished it with a vintage rhinestone brad!

I put so much into this tag that there is no way I will use it on a gift! I am going to hang it on one of my daughters' Christmas trees (yes, they have their own - you'll see!), and make another (different, of course!) for my other little bean's tree!

Pin It

5 comments:

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Oh Meredith! Your little ones are so precious :) Your tag is beautiful! Love that layered Poinsettia!

Pauline said...

This is gorgeous! Love your MIL's tag too, all those little beads and the embossed tree, so pretty!

Monica K. said...

Gorgeous tags! Love how you decorated the tree!

Laurie Marmon said...

These tags are beautiful. You can just tell the time and detailing that went into both of them! Love it! And I love you sharing your little ones' costumes...so cute!

Belinda said...

Lovely tags, Meredith! Stunning details! And your little ones are so cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...