Monday, November 1, 2010

Snowflakes!!

For today's card, I am revisiting last week's Inspirational Card Sketch. You have until the end of today to enter your own creation for this one!


I used a card base that I had left-over from our wedding thank you cards, if you can believe it. I made our invites and thank yous for our wedding 5 years ago, before I was even really into this amazing obsession of mine; I hadn't discovered Stampin' Up just yet!

The base and the embossed paper are both a shimmery white cardstock. I cut the mat slightly smaller than my base, and ran it through my Big Shot in a Cuttlebug folder. I then took my ink applicator with some Real Red ink and lightly brushed it over the embossed snowflakes to highlight them a bit.

This was the very first card I made using Papertrey Ink stamps, and die cuts (tells you how long I've been waiting to share it with you!) - and I was thrilled with the results! I used the Peace Be Still set with the coordinating die cut for the snowflake, and I used Holiday Wishes for the sentiment. I brushed the edges of my white strip with Real Red as well.

Finally, I added 3 snowflake buttons on the right side, tied with red ribbon. This card epitomizes everything that is my favorite at Christmas! Beware - there will be a LOT of Christmas coming your way for the next while!

Pin It

1 comment:

AuroraDawn said...

Love this card, looks like it would be a good one for mass production - Its gorgeous.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...