Thursday, November 4, 2010

More Waltzingmouse Christmas...

I am here once again with a card using this week's sketch from Waltzingmouse Stamps. I have to say, this is one of my favourite sketch challenges, and I really do look forward to Saturdays, when I can try a new one!


This week's sketch was so fun - it included a little pouch containing some kind of tag. The design team really created some amazing inspiration for this one (but of course, they always do!).


I made 2 cards for this one - both with the same concept, but sort of a reverse of colours:



I have been referring to the first one as my "dirty" card, because I distressed it a lot more than the second card.


As I have mentioned before, I am constantly amazed by the wonderfully talented Mona Pendleton, and she recently started hosting her own colour challenge from her blog, Cupcake's Creations. My cards follow her challenge for this week, though I think I am riding a fine line!


Both cards use this really great DP from Basic Grey's Jovial line... I loved it's vintage appeal!


My first card uses a beautiful peacock cardstock as it's base, and I used my scissors to distress the edges of everything I adhered to it. The pouch was embossed using a Cuttlebug folder, and I faux stitched that and my DP with a sparkly teal gel pen. My tag is Kraft from PTI, and the sentiment, from WMS' Compliments of the Season, is stamped with Pacific Point.






My second card is the very same process, only I didn't distress the edges of any of the papers. My base is PTI's Kraft, and the tag is the peacock cardstock. I stamped my sentiment with Whisper White craft ink.






On both of my cards, I sponged some Pacific Point over the embossed pouches, and then distressed them using Walnut Stain distress ink. I pulled some turquoise ribbon through my tags, and wrapped some snowflake brads around it - these are leftovers from my wedding invites from 5 years ago! I added the red rhinestones to the centers of the brads to tie in with the red in my DP. Finally, I added some ribbon accented with a vintage button around my pouch. I made another card using Mona's colour inspiration, but it's completely different... I'll be sharing it tomorrow!

Pin It

2 comments:

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card Meredith! Love the embossed pocket and lil' tag! Thank you so much for playing along with the WMSC and CR84FN challenges :)

Edna Morrisedie said...

Both versions are gorgeous! The pocket is lovely with it's texture too! Thanks for playing along with the Mischief Makers this week!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...