Friday, November 5, 2010

Merry and Bright...

Have you noticed that November is just whizzing by already? The past 3 days I have noticed a fair number of houses in the area already displaying Christmas lights and garlands! I am all over it, I can't wait to haul out the holiday bins and deck my halls. My 2 year old is really starting to get wrapped up in the excitement (could it be her Festively Obsessed mother and grandmother's influences?)... every year I swear I am more excited than the last, as she gets older, but now I have her little sister to join in the traditions as well, so thus far, this year takes the cake!


So, with that said, please forgive yet another Christmas card!




This time, I used the sketch from Kazan over at 2 Sketches 4 You, and utilized some patterned papers and my punches to do all the work for me. I love how quick such things can add such impact.


I started with a Kraft card base, and used some of my favourite peacock blue paper to matte my patterend DP from last year's K & Company Christmas Cheer pad. This paper has a metallic shimmer to it, which doesn't show up well in the photos! I added some clear rhinestones to the center of some of the flakes to just dress it up a little. I added some graph paper from Cosmo Cricket - Girl Friday. I used some puches for my scalloped diamond (square on it's side, of course!), and my sentiment tag. "Merry and Bright" is from PTI's Signature Christmas. I used a snowflake from Snowflake Serenade stamped in Pacific Point behind my sentiment. Finally, I added some organza ribbon, a vintage button, and a coordinating pin to finish it all off!



This card also works for Mona Pendleton's colour challenge - I hope she doesn't mind me entering twice! I forgot to include her inspiration board in yesterday's post, so I have included it today so you can see what I was actually working with!

Pin It

3 comments:

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Very pretty card Meredith! The rhinestones add such a nice touch! Thank you so much for playing along with this week's CR84FN challenge :)

Kathy Martin said...

Sweet card! Love the rhinestones....great touch! :)

Kazan Clark said...

very pretty - those little sparkles are darling too
Thanks for joining us at 2S4Y this week
:) Kazan

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...