Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Happy Holidays!

It's Tuesday, which means it's time for another Inspirational Sketch Challenge! I have yet another Christmas card for you - I am trying to build my stash in time to have them sent out at the start of December!


I also broke out my new bottle of Glossy Accents for this one, which you can see in the photo above. I accented my stocking as well as the points on some of my snowflakes to add some dimension.

I started by stamping my card base with PTI's Fancy Flourishes. Then I created my own DP by stamping various flakes from the Peace Be Still set in Crimson VersaFine, before aging the edges of my oval with a sponge and the same ink. I created some faux stitching with a green gel pen to tie the stocking colours into my DP. As I mentioned, I highlighted some of the flakes with some spots of glossy accents, which really dressed it up.

I stamped my stocking pattern from Stocking Prints, also Papertrey Ink, and added the red accents with a Copic marker. I highlighted the little red dots with glossy accents, and it did just the trick!

I stamped my sentiment, also from Stocking Prints, onto a strip of velum and finished it with a snowflake from Peace Be Still. I adhered that to my card base with some scor-tape to avoid visible adhesive.

Head over to the ICS blog to try this one out for yourself!

Pin It

1 comment:

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Super cute card Meredith! Love how you used vellum and that stocking is darling :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...