Monday, November 29, 2010

CR84FN5 and Congratulations Shirley!

Let me start by saying that my mother-in-law and I are very close - we both agree we are more like mother-daughter! But we have this long running joke about the way we create our cards and pages. I always joke that I am better than she is - I spend far more time absorbed in this little obsession and learning about new techniques and products, so she always compliments me and says she is " falling behind" me, because I am learning so much while she does other things! So I always tease her and constantly remind her how wonderful I am. Why am I so cheeky? Because when it comes to selling our cards, she outsells me ten-fold. It's just become a laughing matter around our house and my husband takes great joy in reminding me which one of us makes more money at this hobby!


So imagine when I saw Claire's (Waltzingmouse Stamps) post regarding her Tag - You're It challenge's 'spot' prize winners, and Shirley's tag was right there in front of me as one of the winners!


For the record, I told her about an hour ago, and all I have heard since is how I am welcome to join the winner at the dinner table, and if I was coming up to the kitchen any time soon, she'd be happy for the opportunity to gloat! Wait until the hubby gets a load of this one... sheesh...


I am very proud of Shirley, and she is just beside herself with excitement. Still, though... it's a shame I actually told her - I may never live it down!






Onto today's card. I created this card for Mona Pendelton's (Cupcake's Creations) weekly colour challenge. Here is the inspiration board:




See that little red maple leaf there? How could a proud Canadian girl not join in?


Here is my card:




I started with a Kraft card base, and added some Mitten Weather (Cosmo Cricket) paper, which I edged with some Walnut Stain distress ink. I added a tag that is also from Mitten Weather, stamped with a sentiment from WMS's Compliments of the Season set. I added some red rhinestones in 2 different shades to accent the tag, and tied a ribbon behind everything. Finally, I finished the card off with this sparkly snowflake sticker that I picked up at Michael's in the $1.50 bin, but added the rhinestone in the middle to kick up the bling factor!


Alright... time to go face the gloat fest at the dinner table...

Pin It

3 comments:

Mona L. Pendleton said...

What a lovely story Meredith! Thanks for sharing :) Your card is gorgeous! That big snowflake with the rhinestone center looks stunning! I'm happy you like the Maple Leafs for the color samples :) Thank you so much for playing along with the CR84FN challenge :)

Lynn Stevens said...

What a great relationship you both have! I'd love to be a fly on the wall around that table LOl
and A beautiful card you created, The extra bling is perfect!

Sue Lelli said...

OMGosh! Your story is just so FUNNY! Your card is BEAUTIFUL and what a FAB find that snowflake is! I, too, LOVE your added bling!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...