Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A Box of Winter...

Just a quick post today to show you what's up my sleeve for this week's Inspirational Card Sketch!


We were sponsored this week by DZDoodles, and the challenge was to use one of their box templates. So not a sketch, exactly!


I used the first box you'll see if you scroll down on their main page to where the templates are. I just blew it up to fit a 8.5 x 11 sheet of cardstock, and off I went!


I stamped my template with the snowflakes from Papertrey Ink's Peace Be Still set, and also the "Winter" sentiment from the same set, and embossed them with white powder. Then I folded the whole thing up, and added the snowflake tag at the top:




I used the largest flake from the same set, and cut it out using the coordinating die. I stamped in a silver pigment ink that I have - it's el-cheapo, which is why it is so pale, but I actually liked the effect. I then stamped the "Happy" that goes to my "Winter", and attached the flake to the box's handle with a mother of pearl button!


This box is the perfect size for a festive chocolate something-or-other.... 


Head on over to the ICS Blog to check out the challenge for yourself, and think outside of your box! Hardy har har...

Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...