Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Vintage Wallpaper?

That's what I thought of when I created the background paper for this week's card for Inspirational Card Sketches!
I have wanted this Cuttlbug folder for awhile (is it called Textile? I never remember the names of them!), and saw it last week while on a shopping trip to the US. I love when I can manage a trip across the border (so lucky to live so close to Bellingham WA!), because supplies cost so much less in the States than they do here at home! So I got this at a major steal, because our dollar is really great right now, and this was cheaper to start with, then 30% off! How could I resist?
So I embossed my paper (in 2 sections - I hid the seam with my ribbon!), then I distressed it a bit with Walnut Stain distress ink, and then used some Whisper White to lighten it up a bit. My MIL commented that it reminded her of copper when it was finished.

I cut my label with my Labels 4 nesties, then stamped with Finest Flourishes from Papertrey Ink. I used the sentiment from Tree Trimming Trio, and finished it with a little flourish from Waltzingmouse's Labels 10 stamp set.

Check out ICS for this week's sketch!

Pin It

3 comments:

teegee7617 said...

Beautiful! I love the inking on the embossing.

scrapnnMO said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love everything about your card. :)

Nicola said...

Beautiful card love the embossing in fact it is all great. Hugs Nicola xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...