Thursday, October 28, 2010

Trick or Treat!

Welcome to Day 4 of my countdown to Halloween!
We have the best neighbours. We get along with them really well, and it's great that we trust each other - they watch our house when we're not there, and vice versa. They also have the most wonderful 9 year old twins, Kati and Jake. They are such great kids to be around, easy to talk to, and exactly what I hope my children will grow up to be. So I wanted to give them something a little special when they come trick-or-treating to our door!

I found this great little bag template at the Cosmo Cricket Blog, and decided to utilize my Basic Grey halloween papers to make them. Don't look too closely... you'll see that I wasn't paying attention and that my pumpkins are going the wrong direction! Oh well, you can learn from my mistake...


I used my Labels 3 Nesties to cut out my tag, and then used these great little typed stickers from Cosmo Cricket to spell out Trick and Treat, one for each. For the tag on the pumpkin pouch, I used Walnut Stain Distress ink around the edges, and finished it off with a felt pumpkin, and a row of black pearls. I am really happy with how it all came together! I tied it up at the top with some ribbon through an orange button.


For the other pouch, I used black for my Label, and then ran it over my Whisper White craft ink - my pad is starting to run dry, so it works well in this application, because it is not too white. I added a felt cat, and some orange pearls, after spelling out Trick. Finally, I tied the top with an acid green button that picks up the colour in my paper.


And because they're such great kids, I filled the pouches with one each of all the different candies I have to give away - everyone else will only get one little treat, since we cater to over 120 kids every year - it gets too costly! But Kati and Jake are worth a few more goodies... I hope they like them!

Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...