Saturday, October 9, 2010

Trick or TREAT Holders...

As I got more and more obsessed with interested in papercrafting, I wondered if there were any men that loved this hobby... then I went onto the Papertrey Ink Forum, and met Ted. Well there's my question answered!

Ted hosts a challenge on his blog, Happily Ever Crafter, and this month's theme really got my attention: Trick or Treat!
Ted asked us to "knock" on his email door and scream (in the subject) "Trick or Treat!" He would then answer the door (email) and let us know if we were going to receive a trick, or a treat. If you got a trick, you had to create a halloween card with a completely non-traditional theme; no orange, black, purple or green, and no ghosts or goblins, just kittens and puppies, or something else not scary. If you got Treat, you got to do the traditional colours and themes. Well I was hoping for a Trick, since I thought it was such a neat challenge. But alas, I got Treat!
I needed to make some little pouches for the treats I want to give a few friends when my 2 year old and 4 month old go trick or treating to their doors. So I used this as my jumping off point. I bought some Reese's Peanut Butter cups, but as it was a value pack, they are slightly smaller, and individually wrapped - I think these are probably what you would find in halloween candy assortments! Anyway, I essentially created a matchbook cover for them, and this is the result!

I used the MS Goo punch for the edge of my flap, which is tied to the front of the pouch with some purple satin ribbon. I used a Marvy scalloped square punch, which I topped with my labels, cut with my Labels 4 nesties. They are stamped with sentiments from Waltzingmouse's Midnight Feast. Some say Treacherous Treats, some say Nightmarish Nibbles! Easy peasy! I just ran some adhesive on the inside of the pouch to hold the cups in place!
They're really simple, since I had a few to make, and didn't want to spend a ton of time on them (I know most of these will end up in the recycling bin!), but I think they're quite effective, regardless!

Pin It

7 comments:

Nicola said...

What a great idea. Loving what you have created. Hugs Nicola

Ted said...

Meredith, these are absolutely wonderful! I love those sentiments and you did a wonderful job with the traditional colors, not overdoing a single one... just perfect! Thanks for playing along with this month's HEC! :)

Cathy said...

Those are great, and I have to say if I got one I wouldn't throw it in the recycle bin :)

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Darling little treat bags Meredith!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

How adorable that little treat cover is! Super idea. Luck you got a Treat response. Thanks for your comment on my 'trick' card.

Karen B. said...

You did a fine job with the traditional halloween theme! Great border punch and colors.

Barbara DeBose said...

Love the treat pouch! Especially the use of the gooo punch!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...