Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Thank You...

It was unintentional, but this week's card for Inspirational Card Sketches is very fitting... this weekend is Thanksgiving for us Canadians!


I love it when I buy a set of stamps that seems like it's for one purpose, but turns out to be very versatile, and easily used for many occasions! This set from Papertrey Ink is called Tree Trimming Trio - and I have used it a few times, but have yet to make a Christmas card with it!


I used Finest Flourishes (PTI) to create the background on my label (Spellbinders Labels 10 Nesties) and then used Walnut Stain distress ink to give it an aged effect. I rubbed my doily in Old Olive ink, then used the Walnut Stain again to age it. I used Waltzingmouse's Labels 10 set for the frame and the flourish on my tag. Have I mentioned how much I love it that Claire includes these little add-ons in all of her nestie-friendly sets? They just give your projects that finishing touch!

I aged my strip of lace with the walnut stain, and added a little flower complete with vintage button to finish my card off.

Head over to Inspirational Card Sketches to give this one a go for yourself!

Pin It

3 comments:

Kay said...

This is beautiful! I love the colors, the layout, the stamping- everything!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Very pretty card Meredith! Love all the bling & flourishes!

Belinda said...

Oh fun take! Love the use of the doily!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...